Cityzens Prices Confirmed

1an3 said:
I thought it was pretty clear that the City points were mickey mouse things, which you could use for auctions, fluffy stuff, but "Ticket Points" was the name for loyalty points.

Nowhere did it say that City Points for hanging your cock out on Social Media would gain you access to tickets....

Bit of flapping in this thread for nowt.

Especially when the expansion is done, there will be no bother getting tickets for games on general sale (without any membership).
The confusion came from getting both city points and ticket points for buying a ticket.

Off tangent a bit how will they set the points rewards ? Most teenagers will probably have about 4 million points already as they have been up 20 minutes !!

At the moment if you buy a season ticket it still works out at good value,even at platinum it is about £33 a game in the South stand.Buying tickets on the day seems to be where people get stung and if i am honest i would baulk at the thought of paying £50-60 a league game,in my opinion that is way over the top.

I hate this idea too of having to pay every season for the privilage of having the chance to buy a ticket,when you have supported the club for years,i absolutely hate it!

I feel we as a club are now at a crossroads where ticketing and reationships with the fans go and the club has to be very careful it doesn't get too carried away in all this corporate together/experiance gobbledygook and remain a bit more grounded and true to our roots.

Most of the long suffering fans genuinely thought we would die without ever seeing us win anything again and just remaining a mid table average side.Although we want us to win trophies every season of course,we are now satiated beyond our wildest dreams.I have seen us win TWO league titles in a couple of seasons,something we only achieved twice in over a hundred years prior to that.Add to that a couple of cups and anything else now is window dressing,we have achieved more than we ever thought we would see,seriously.I could walk away now happy and catch the odd game on tv,secure in the knowledge i did my bit in the dark days and we are now back at the top table once more and unlikely to fall from it.

The danger is i fear a lot of old standing fans may feel the same and it won't take much for those same fans struggling financially to stop going,leaving a void you can't really replace.As i said a crossroads we are at,i feel the club needs to slow down and take stock at this moment in time.

paulchapo said:
At the moment if you buy a season ticket it still works out at good value,even at platinum it is about £33 a game in the South stand.Buying tickets on the day seems to be where people get stung and if i am honest i would baulk at the thought of paying £50-60 a league game,in my opinion that is way over the top.

I hate this idea too of having to pay every season for the privilage of having the chance to buy a ticket,when you have supported the club for years,i absolutely hate it!

I feel we as a club are now at a crossroads where ticketing and reationships with the fans go and the club has to be very careful it doesn't get too carried away in all this corporate together/experiance gobbledygook and remain a bit more grounded and true to our roots.

Most of the long suffering fans genuinely thought we would die without ever seeing us win anything again and just remaining a mid table average side.Although we want us to win trophies every season of course,we are now satiated beyond our wildest dreams.I have seen us win TWO league titles in a couple of seasons,something we only achieved twice in over a hundred years prior to that.Add to that a couple of cups and anything else now is window dressing,we have achieved more than we ever thought we would see,seriously.I could walk away now happy and catch the odd game on tv,secure in the knowledge i did my bit in the dark days and we are now back at the top table once more and unlikely to fall from it.

The danger is i fear a lot of old standing fans may feel the same and it won't take much for those same fans struggling financially to stop going,leaving a void you can't really replace.As i said a crossroads we are at,i feel the club needs to slow down and take stock at this moment in time.

Whatever the arguments about price of Cityzen card can we please dispel the myth you are paying to be able to buy a ticket. You are paying for priority and to be able to save loyalty points. Tickets for most games go on general sale and can be bought without a Ciityzen card.

blueparrot said:
paulchapo said:

Whatever the arguments about price of Cityzen card can we please dispel the myth you are paying to be able to buy a ticket. You are paying for priority and to be able to save loyalty points. Tickets for most games go on general sale and can be bought without a Ciityzen card.

Yep get that but I reckon if you don't have a citizen membership the chances of you getting to see a premier league game is very low..

waspish said:
blueparrot said:
paulchapo said:

Yep get that but I reckon if you don't have a citizen membership the chances of you getting to see a premier league game is very low..

Just off the top of my head I reckon about 12 premier league games went to general sale last season, including 2 of the last 3 home games.

If you don't like it just vote with your feet: if hardly any one buys this then it becomes self-defeating. There won't be enough card holders to make a significant dent in the matchday tickets, so they will always go on open sale.

Am i getting confused here with what used to be a blue card holder and a Cityzens card,are they one and the same or seperate?

I know if you want to buy a ticket on viagogo you have to have some sort of City card to buy one.Do you not have to have some sort of card to buy one even if they are on general sale,to stop away fans purchasing them?

Sorry for appearing a bit thick with this but i have had a season ticket for years so don't understand the format fully.

Didsbury Dave said:
If you don't like it just vote with your feet: if hardly any one buys this then it becomes self-defeating. There won't be enough card holders to make a significant dent in the matchday tickets, so they will always go on open sale.

The reason I buy one is first so I can get priority and get seats together, but also so I can collect loyalty points . The loyalty points I've collected have meant that I could be at the QPR and West Ham games with my son to see us win the league twice, so value means different things to different people, but I've renewed and hope to see us lifting the trophy again in May against Southampton.

paulchapo said:
Am i getting confused here with what used to be a blue card holder and a Cityzens card,are they one and the same or seperate?

I know if you want to buy a ticket on viagogo you have to have some sort of City card to buy one.Do you not have to have some sort of card to buy one even if they are on general sale,to stop away fans purchasing them?

Sorry for appearing a bit thick with this but i have had a season ticket for years so don't understand the format fully.

Yes they are essentially the same thing just a new name and more bells and whistles. When they go on general sale you don't need a card only a supporter number which you can get just by registering on the ticket web page.

blueparrot said:

Precisely. And I reckon the idea of priority will be out the window when the expanded South stand is available, more games will go to General sale.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.