CL draw Automated

Never have liked the modern CL, hence why its last in my list of trophy preferences. I much preferred the old open draw format - if you're good enough...

It is just a money making machine for the big boys (and yes I include us and not United in that number) I really do detest it.

Going back to the late '70's me and my mates used to do this when we played footie on the local park, great for us kids but this CL is absolutely nauseating.
I have it dead level with the Premier League in my list (the Prem is more important in terms of it being over 38 games every week from August to May and it’s the bread and butter of a season, but the CL is up there because of its prestige and how you have to raise your game above and beyond a league game to go on and win it).

I love the Champions League to be honest. I love that trophy n’all, it’s a stunner!

As I said above, I’m not happy with how a certain few teams from a certain few leagues have tried to stifle wide competition across Europe to concrete it into a certain few clubs from a certain few leagues who’ll just keep coining it in from the comp. But I still love it. When Gündoğan lifted that beautiful trophy last June, it was the pinnacle of this club’s 130 year history.

For me, I think it should be a longer league system where all teams play each other up to the April to get the most consistently best teams in order, and then have a semifinals and final to raise it up above the standard of league games.
I’d have just two places from each league and not five for some, I’d have a spread of wealth across a wider scope of Europe so there was more competition from East of Germany and Italy. Drive standards up everywhere.

Yeah! What the fuck is the deal with those foreigners, who save for years to be able to afford to fly to the sunny, balmy shores of Manchester for a midweek night game in Autumn to see their beloved English football team play on the Champions League for once in their life? Cunts!!!

And, they’ll never be a “real” City fan! I bet they don’t even know where York is!

WAKEY WAKEY EL2, this is a global team, at the top of the CFG pyramid, and is considered the best team in the world…but you think fans from overseas shouldn’t be allowed to buy tickets to see us play an ACTUAL game?
FFS I never said fans from overseas shouldn't be allowed to buy tickets. However if they are so keen to see City they should be willing to watch us against any opposition, no just the glamour clubs.

FFS I never said fans from overseas shouldn't be allowed to buy tickets. However if they are so keen to see City they should be willing to watch us against any opposition, no just the glamour clubs.
If I’m paying $5,000+ to come over from abroad to possibly see my one and only City game, after saving for ages, then why am I not allowed to see a CL game, where tickets are on sale? What if I belong to an OSC?

Am I only allowed City vs Ipswich? Brentford? Soton? Which games ARE allowed in your cushioned seat world? Are you mad because you get moved for the UEFA delegation and are forced to sit with these “tourists”?

If I’m paying $5,000+ to come over from abroad to possibly see my one and only City game, after saving for ages, then why am I not allowed to see a CL game, where tickets are on sale? What if I belong to an OSC?

Am I only allowed City vs Ipswich? Brentford? Soton? Which games ARE allowed in your cushioned seat world? Are you mad because you get moved for the UEFA delegation and are forced to sit with these “tourists”?
Ffs man, you can come and see any game, my point is that a fan of a particular club should be happy to watch that club irrespective of opposition. If you get into a CL game with limited (or zero) purchase history then good for you. And if your visits are rare you will probably stay until the end, a concept many of our fans can't grasp.
And I don't get moved from my cushioned seat for CL games. That only happened from 2011 to 2015. My current cushioned seat is outside the getting shifted zone.

Ffs man, you can come and see any game, my point is that a fan of a particular club should be happy to watch that club irrespective of opposition. If you get into a CL game with limited (or zero) purchase history then good for you. And if your visits are rare you will probably stay until the end, a concept many of our fans can't grasp.
And I don't get moved from my cushioned seat for CL games. That only happened from 2011 to 2015. My current cushioned seat is outside the getting shifted zone.
I’m not talking about me! :-D

I think the club has spent years and £££ to create a global fan base and they need to nurture it. They spend outsized amounts of money and create higher sponsorship deals worth millions, so the club caters to them in some small way.

One of those small ways is making tickets available for big games, which is what they crave.

We are not all fortunate enough to live within driving distance of the Etihad…

Simulated Matchups (2 teams from each pot):
Manchester City

vs. Juventus (ITA), Feyenoord (NED), Celtic (SCO), Lille (FRA), FC Midtjylland (DEN), GNK Dinamo (CRO), Crvena Zvezda (SRB), Sturm Graz (AUT).

My spin on the AI gave us this. 24 points.
Well that will never happen, where are your two teams from Pot 1?

A while ago someone on here posted about a “tourist” from India he sat next to who’d been City mad all his life and could reel off historical information and stats about the club going back decades and decades.

I’d rather be sat next to a guy like that than some miserable twat from Ardwick who spends all game moaning about how shit *insert boo boy player of the moment* is.

Blame Chat GPT not me!

I could tweak the prompt a bit more but it was already a lot more effort than I anticipated.
Found a simulator for the group stage to give people an idea of what a mess it is.

This tries to create a schedule as well but it says it can take up to an hour. Don't think it's that important but shows how complex the scheduling is.

For what it's worth, when I ran it City would play Barcelona, Leverkusen, Red Star Belgrade, and Bologna at home, and Bayern, Shakhtar, Ferencvaros, and Girona away.
Try this one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.