CL draw Automated

Simulated Matchups (2 teams from each pot):
Manchester City

vs. Juventus (ITA), Feyenoord (NED), Celtic (SCO), Lille (FRA), FC Midtjylland (DEN), GNK Dinamo (CRO), Crvena Zvezda (SRB), Sturm Graz (AUT).

My spin on the AI gave us this. 24 points.

PMSL

You think worse teams from worse leagues should be getting further than better teams from better leagues - and why?

Just because you were a big name years ago doesn’t mean you are now - Things change and evolve.
What a cock end you are.

Yes I do. I think that all teams from all countries should have the chance to compete. Otherwise, we’ll end up with the American system where there’s no promotion and relegation and one day, you might be on here with your PMSL when I say I wish Sunderland and Everton were back in the Premier League. You’ll no doubt be happy with Bournemouth and Brentford though.

As somebody who’s entire job is based on data and modelling, if you make something like a football tournament so complex that it requires a computer to do the draw then you’ve hella fucked up.

You either have a simple format with constraints (e.g. teams from the same country can’t be drawn together) OR you have a more complex format like a Swiss with no constraints.

Trying to do both is absolute madness.

What a cock end you are.

Yes I do. I think that all teams from all countries should have the chance to compete. Otherwise, we’ll end up with the American system where there’s no promotion and relegation and one day, you might be on here with your PMSL when I say I wish Sunderland and Everton were back in the Premier League. You’ll no doubt be happy with Bournemouth and Brentford though.

They do. They just get beat/eliminated because they’re a poor standard. Rangers lost every single match last season.

As somebody who’s entire job is based on data and modelling, if you make something like a football tournament so complex that it requires a computer to do the draw then you’ve hella fucked up.

You either have a simple format with constraints (e.g. teams from the same country can’t be drawn together) OR you have a more complex format like a Swiss with no constraints.

Trying to do both is absolute madness.
unless you have a computer

PMSL

You think worse teams from worse leagues should be getting further than better teams from better leagues - and why?

Just because you were a big name years ago doesn’t mean you are now - Things change and evolve.
To be fair, things only evolved this way because the likes of Madrid, Barça, Milan, Inter, Juve, Bayern, United and Liverpool wanted to cement their names at the top of football forever, forever earning more money than everyone else, and allow all leagues East of Germany and Italy to rot. They would likely qualify for the CL most seasons even if they had a shit season (it goes as low as five places now in some leagues) and would likely qualify for the KO stages each season.

If it wasn’t for investment like City’s and Malaga’s, things would just be the same every season… and look what they did to Malaga and look what they’re doing to City, just because we upset that gravy train!

Countries like Poland, Romania, Greece, Turkey etc. are football mad, but their clubs have no money and can’t compete with those above, because those above designed it that way.

Good European football should be seeing clubs like Steaua Bucharest, Ferrncvaros, Legia Warszawa, Lech Poznań, Olympiacos, PAOK, Galatasaray, Fenerbache (it doesn’t have to be exactly these, they just popped into my head first) all be as good as those clubs mentioned at the start with a more balanced quality of leagues around Europe.

Last edited:
Only Uefa could make something so simple, complicated.
I await the rags drawing Madrid 3 times.
No. That will be us. Meanwhile Arse and Dips draw Bodo Glimt and Victoria Plezen. In the KOs.

OK, I'm being slightly facetious, but we will get harder draws, whilst those two red arse darlings get virtual byes...

Never have liked the modern CL, hence why its last in my list of trophy preferences. I much preferred the old open draw format - if you're good enough...

It is just a money making machine for the big boys (and yes I include us and not United in that number) I really do detest it.

Going back to the late '70's me and my mates used to do this when we played footie on the local park, great for us kids but this CL is absolutely nauseating.

Never have liked the modern CL, hence why its last in my list of trophy preferences. I much preferred the old open draw format - if you're good enough...

It is just a money making machine for the big boys (and yes I include us and not United in that number) I really do detest it.

Going back to the late '70's me and my mates used to do this when we played footie on the local park, great for us kids but this CL is absolutely nauseating.
I'm with you mate. Really not a fan of the competition as it's just a big wankathon for big clubs. I would much prefer an open draw. If that means we get Real Madrid in round 1 then so be it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.