CL draw Automated

In fairness, with the new format and the speed they usually take doing the draw, it would take a fortnight for them to complete it.
Apparently they worked out it would take over 4 hours they did it manually. And that's before they add in all of the presentational guff and backslapping that normally goes on in the draws.

And I want us to beat the bigger teams in the later rounds and get to experience different teams early on. I've been just as excited drawing Red Star Belgrade last season as playing against Real Madrid for the third consecutive season. Playing the same teams year after year is more or less the Super League that most football fans in the country despised the idea of.

I think it's despicable that giant clubs like Celtic, Dynamo Kiev, Red Star Belgrade, Benfica, Marseille, Steaua Bucharest, Galatasaray etc have virtually no chance of competing in the Champions League later stages because of the country that they are from, where Atletico or Spurs can finish 3rd or 4th in La Liga and get to semis and finals of the Champions League.

Not sure why those clubs you’ve named, once they qualified for the competition proper, have ‘virtually no chance’ compared to Tottenham, other than they’re not as good as them?

Not sure why those clubs you’ve named, once they qualified for the competition proper, have ‘virtually no chance’ compared to Tottenham, other than they’re not as good as them?
Tottenham were in the final 5 years ago. If Tottenham wanted to buy the best 3 players from Red Star Belgrade, it would be peanuts for them to pay out.

They're not as good as them because what used to be the European Cup - only for the Champions of each league - was replaced by the Champions League, a tournament designed to keep the bigger clubs in the richer leagues playing in it with little jeopardy. Playing in it also generates a fuck load of money so the richer clubs get ever richer and the clubs that I've mentioned get poorer and are forced to sell any decent players that happen to find themselves there for a season or two. They then fail to win their league and therefore qualify for the Champions League and even if they do win their league, are forced to play "qualifying rounds" for the right to play the likes of Atletico Madrid, Arsenal, Atalanta and Lyon who have more than likely finished 3rd in their respective leagues but automatically go into the competition at a later stage than the champions of other countries.

I'm sure you know all this but if not, happy to help.

Tottenham were in the final 5 years ago. If Tottenham wanted to buy the best 3 players from Red Star Belgrade, it would be peanuts for them to pay out.

They're not as good as them because what used to be the European Cup - only for the Champions of each league - was replaced by the Champions League, a tournament designed to keep the bigger clubs in the richer leagues playing in it with little jeopardy. Playing in it also generates a fuck load of money so the richer clubs get ever richer and the clubs that I've mentioned get poorer and are forced to sell any decent players that happen to find themselves there for a season or two. They then fail to win their league and therefore qualify for the Champions League and even if they do win their league, are forced to play "qualifying rounds" for the right to play the likes of Atletico Madrid, Arsenal, Atalanta and Lyon who have more than likely finished 3rd in their respective leagues but automatically go into the competition at a later stage than the champions of other countries.

I'm sure you know all this but if not, happy to help.

Ok, I thought you were just talking about the way the competition was organised they were at a disadvantage once they were in it. Rather than the wider subject of the rich getting richer etc.

I agree. The atmosphere is better but that's the way football has gone. Had we been in Europe in the 80's, we'd have probably seen great atmospheres at Maine Road against some of those I've mentioned. It pisses me off that a lot of football fans are only interested in matches against the G14 clubs these days.

Red Star might not have been last season actually. When we played them at home, their subs were warming up at pitch side in front of 111. A few spotty virgins who had probably had one too many shandies were chanting "Who the fucking hell are you?" at them. I remember thinking that this was a team who has won the European Cup once more in my lifetime than City had at that point.
Football fans might want to see games against the old G14, but fans of any club should want to watch their club whoever they are playing. City fans who only want to watch so-called glamour games are no better than glory-seeking rags, or bloody tourists.

And I want us to beat the bigger teams in the later rounds and get to experience different teams early on. I've been just as excited drawing Red Star Belgrade last season as playing against Real Madrid for the third consecutive season. Playing the same teams year after year is more or less the Super League that most football fans in the country despised the idea of.

I think it's despicable that giant clubs like Celtic, Dynamo Kiev, Red Star Belgrade, Benfica, Marseille, Steaua Bucharest, Galatasaray etc have virtually no chance of competing in the Champions League later stages because of the country that they are from, where Atletico or Spurs can finish 3rd or 4th in La Liga and get to semis and finals of the Champions League.

PMSL

You think worse teams from worse leagues should be getting further than better teams from better leagues - and why?

Just because you were a big name years ago doesn’t mean you are now - Things change and evolve.

Football fans might want to see games against the old G14, but fans of any club should want to watch their club whoever they are playing. City fans who only want to watch so-called glamour games are no better than glory-seeking rags, or bloody tourists.
Yeah! What the fuck is the deal with those foreigners, who save for years to be able to afford to fly to the sunny, balmy shores of Manchester for a midweek night game in Autumn to see their beloved English football team play on the Champions League for once in their life? Cunts!!!

And, they’ll never be a “real” City fan! I bet they don’t even know where York is!

WAKEY WAKEY EL2, this is a global team, at the top of the CFG pyramid, and is considered the best team in the world…but you think fans from overseas shouldn’t be allowed to buy tickets to see us play an ACTUAL game?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.