CL draw Automated

They should automate the entire competition and just tell us who won. Hint. It’s unlikely to be us. 2nd Hint. It will be a Spanish team that plays in white and initials are RM. (Hope I didn’t ruin it for everyone).

I’ve not looked into it loads, but I think you play 2 teams from each of the 4 groups, one at home and one away.

You can’t play teams from your own country and there’ll be the usual pairings that can’t play on the same night from each country.

It seems too convoluted to me, but will give it a go this season and sack it off it it’s shite.
That's right. Top 8 will automatically qualify for the round of 16 with the teams who finish 9th-24th entering a two legged playoff for the reminding 8 places.

The teams who lose the playoff go into the Europa league knockouts while teams finishing 25th and below are kicked out of Europe all together.

Round of 16 will be seeded so if you finish top of the league phase you will play the 16th seeded team 2nd will play 15th and so on

I bet it will be rigged so Real avoid any team who can knock them out so they win it again.

The number of times they avoided Barca when they were at their prime only to go onto win it, while Barca went unbeaten against them in the league during the same season is countless.
Surely they could only avoid Barcelona for so long. The final being the unavoidable meeting.

If the pots were drawn today this is what it would look like based on uefa coefficieny

Pot One - Man City, Bayern Munich, Real Madrid, PSG, Liverpool, Inter Milan, Borussia Dortmund, RB Leipzig, Barcelona

Pot Two - Bayer Leverkusen, Atletico Madrid, Atlanta, Juventus, Benfica, Arsenal, Club Brugge, Shakhtar Donetsk, AC Milan

Pot Three - Feyenoord, Sporting CP, PSV, Lille*, PAOK*, Young Boys*, Celtic, Galatasaray*, Union SG*

Pot Four - Midtylland*, AS Monaco, Sparta Prague*, Aston Villa, Bologna, Girona, Stuttgart, Sturm Graz, Stade Brestois

* Clubs yet to advance through qualifying rounds - clubs with highest UEFA coefficients included here

So for example we could play Real Madrid, Juventus, Celtic and Stuttgart

If the pots were drawn today this is what it would look like based on uefa coefficieny

Pot One - Man City, Bayern Munich, Real Madrid, PSG, Liverpool, Inter Milan, Borussia Dortmund, RB Leipzig, Barcelona

Pot Two - Bayer Leverkusen, Atletico Madrid, Atlanta, Juventus, Benfica, Arsenal, Club Brugge, Shakhtar Donetsk, AC Milan

Pot Three - Feyenoord, Sporting CP, PSV, Lille*, PAOK*, Young Boys*, Celtic, Galatasaray*, Union SG*

Pot Four - Midtylland*, AS Monaco, Sparta Prague*, Aston Villa, Bologna, Girona, Stuttgart, Sturm Graz, Stade Brestois

* Clubs yet to advance through qualifying rounds - clubs with highest UEFA coefficients included here

So for example we could play Real Madrid, Juventus, Celtic and Stuttgart
I don’t get it but surely there can’t be 2 teams in pot 1 in a group?

I bet it will be rigged so Real avoid any team who can knock them out so they win it again.

The number of times they avoided Barca when they were at their prime only to go onto win it, while Barca went unbeaten against them in the league during the same season is countless.
Have Real Madrid ever met Barcelona at the quarter final stages?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.