CL draw - Basel

I’m staying in Lörrach just over the German border for this exact reason. Much cheaper for digs and beer, was recommended it by a red mate who went with them.
We’ve booked for 3 nights in Basel and the amount I drink £10 a pint is a bit of a concern. I’ve done some research and there’s a bar near one of the bridges called Johanniter Bar where it’s just over five quid a pint. It might not be the best bar in town but at that price I think it’s the dogs bollocks.

We’ve booked for 3 nights in Basel and the amount I drink £10 a pint is a bit of a concern. I’ve done some research and there’s a bar near one of the bridges called Johanniter Bar where it’s just over five quid a pint. It might not be the best bar in town but at that price I think it’s the dogs bollocks.

We're doing the Stuttgart route and 3 nights in Basel. Think we may well head back over the border either early on match day or all day on Weds. It will be great drinking in Germany as the more we drink the more we save. Love Euorpean aways!!!

I’m staying in Lörrach just over the German border for this exact reason. Much cheaper for digs and beer, was recommended it by a red mate who went with them.

I'm tempted to do this but i'm travelling in from Zurich. How easy is it to get to Lorrach at night? We arrive in Basel for about 8.30pm if we get the train from Zurich.

Also wondering how we'd get there after the game? Would taxi's be expensive and travel over the border?

I'm tempted to do this but i'm travelling in from Zurich. How easy is it to get to Lorrach at night? We arrive in Basel for about 8.30pm if we get the train from Zurich.

Also wondering how we'd get there after the game? Would taxi's be expensive and travel over the border?
Trains till just before midnight and apparently taxis aren't too horrendous.

Is it more expensive than Zurich? On average I've been paying 8 CHF, sometimes more sometimes less. Still expensive but not ten quid. Oh and then there's the food...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.