CL Draw | QF: Atletico Madrid | SF: Chelsea/Real Madrid

If we get Chelsea,presumably no away tickets available for both games
Chelsea will still need to meet UEFAs requirements for all types of freebies and allocations, so it is a known unknown how they will deal with it.

It used to be a case of you want to be drawn away first. Now that the away goals rule has gone, is that still an advantage. With the Liverpool game in between, think I want a home tie first and them away to athletico

Chelsea will still need to meet UEFAs requirements for all types of freebies and allocations, so it is a known unknown how they will deal with it.
You would think with all Chelsea games they could sell tickets so fans can attend then send any income remaining into a separate account not owned by Chelsea.

The revenue could then be donated to the Ukraine appeal.

The best draw for us bar none is Real Madrid.

They are absolutely shit, squeaked through because PSG did a PSG, and yet because it's Madrid the still have the prestige that will make it a big game to prepare us for the rest of tournament.

I never understand people who think us drawing the weakest possible opponent in every round is a good thing. All that means is you get to the final without playing a massive game against an opposition that's knocked out all the best teams in Europe and has no fear whatsoever.
I do agree with your logic in regards to playing tougher teams as better preparation for a final and normally I'd be with you but it's a unique circumstance with the two games being either side of a potentially title deciding league game against Liverpool.

I think the ideal scenario is we play the first leg at home against Villarreal or Benfica so there's no travel and hopefully we can get the tie wrapped up so we don't need to consider resting players for the second leg. Conversely, it should in theory benefit us if Liverpool had a difficult away game against say Bayern a few days before they come to our place.

I do agree with your logic in regards to playing tougher teams as better preparation for a final and normally I'd be with you but it's a unique circumstance with the two games being either side of a potentially title deciding league game against Liverpool.

I think the ideal scenario is we play the first leg at home against Villarreal or Benfica so there's no travel and hopefully we can get the tie wrapped up so we don't need to consider resting players for the second leg. Conversely, it should in theory benefit us if Liverpool had a difficult away game against say Bayern a few days before they come to our place.
we can only hope but in reality it will be the opposit

Atletico aren’t that good now. I think we would beat them quite comfortably over 2 legs. Real would be a much tougher tie.

They might not be good but they'll kick their opposition all over the park. Simeone will make sure of it. I'd rather they got kicked to death in Madrid on the Wednesday night and then we play them on the Saturday st 5.30

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.