CL Draw | QF: Atletico Madrid | SF: Chelsea/Real Madrid

pretty close to optimal, only way for it to be better would have been getting one of Benfica/Villarreal in QF's but atletico were my 3rd choice. They are not at the peak of their powers and although it will be a slog we should beat them over 2 legs. Avoiding liverpool bayern in semis is big

Ideal draw would have been against Atletico with Benfica or Villareal in the semi. But eventually you play someone tough. We won all but two games last season. A dead rubber in the group when we drew and then won home and away before that disappointment in the final. We'd have taken Chelsea in the final if asked in March last year.

Let's see what happens. Plenty of strange results have been seen over the years, not least by ourselves! Chelsea beating Barca and Bayern with that dross side back in 2012 for example. Not sure how that happened.

Happy enough with that, could have been easier quarters like Liverpool which would help us quite a bit with the crucial league game which is sandwiched I between but it could have been trickier and the potential semi is favourable.

Let's not underestimate atleti though, they're not as tough a nut to crack as they have been in recent years but they will make it very very difficult for us, we will not enjoy playing them. We often struggle to break down very average teams playing Simeone's style, they're masters at it and pose a big threat upfront. We will be favourites but we won't be overwhelming favourites.

Being at home first isn't great, peps going to struggle with how much he wants to just control the game and how much he wants to go for a commanding lead, going to their place needing a result isn't something you want. After bayern and Liverpool, atleti were the ones I didn't want to play, I think a potential semi final against Chelsea or Madrid would be easier.

Gutted United didn't get through now, how magical would it have been to obliterate those cunts and end their season twice in a fortnight.

Decent draw. Nasty team to play but we should be able proceed. We are the clear favourites and rightly so.

After that we’ll see. First and foremost is to get through. We play dippers in between and the importance of that game might be of influence. So I won’t take anything for granted. Especially in the CL.

As for people talking about the semi finals already or about how crap other teams in this competition are … get a grip. We haven’t won the CL nor the old European Cup I ever. So a more humble approach would suit us.

Bayern are just as good. The dippers are good but can be got at.
I think Bayern will cause their defence fits. Sane will tear Arnold a new one!

I like our draw and chances of getting to the final. I'd back us against anyone over two legs.
Bayerns front line will cause Liverpools defence all sort of problems. I just think their defence isn’t great, Liverpool will tear them a new one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.