CL Draw | QF: Atletico Madrid | SF: Chelsea/Real Madrid

I thought Bayern were back to near their best? I haven't been paying much attention to Bayern but I wouldn't call that an easy tie either way. The Bayern Liverpool beat a few seasons ago, was on an off season and they didn't show up/raise their game either. It wont be often Bayern are handled so easily though and maybe they still feel like they need to put that right(fired up for it), because Liverpool embarrassed them really. That could be a very tough fixture, that takes a lot out of Liverpool, win or lose. Here's hoping anyway.

The opponents on City's side are tricky and resilient, the biggest shame is the quality of the football will probably take a hit, through no fault of City's. If they do turn out to be stop-start, non-fluid(for the lack of a better term) matches.

From what I've seen Nagelsmann's Bayern are similar to his Leipzig, lot of helter skelter stuff and a bit naive. Entertaining to watch but could be perfect prey for Liverpool. Could see it being like their PSG game last season with Bayern having most of the play but caught out quite easily at the back. Also, Upamecano was woeful when Liverpool played Leipzig last season and is generally all over the place whenever I watch him. But yeah they shouldn't get rolled over physically like the last time they played now that they have Sane, Goretzka, Davies etc.

Can't complian about that draw could have been worse , Atletico are not the defensive masters of yesteryear and we have proved we have the beating of Chelski & Real , so a City v Bayern final would be my preferred opponent.

Just watched a 5 minute highlights clip from the other night and it looked like the rags created a few chances but couldn't finish them......................Oh shit.
Seriously, AM look a shadow of the team that reached a couple of CL finals and won the Europa league in the last ten years but they are reigning Spanish champions and can't be taken lightly.

From the BBC

"Atletico Madrid have the chance to complete a Manchester double after being drawn against Pep Guardiola's City, with Diego Simeone's side having beaten Manchester United 2-1 on aggregate in the quarter-finals."

Why would they frame the tie from the Athletico perspective first? Of course with the chelsea and the liverpool comments in the same article it is from the english sides perspective. It's subtle, but an example of how the media try to make us the away team constantly.
Plus they didn't beat the rags in the quarter finals. So poor.

Just watched a 5 minute highlights clip from the other night and it looked like the rags created a few chances but couldn't finish them......................Oh shit.
Seriously, AM look a shadow of the team that reached a couple of CL finals and won the Europa league in the last ten years but they are reigning Spanish champions and can't be taken lightly.
I've watched them a bit this season, they're really not the team they were a few years ago, despite being champions. They're fourth in the weakest La Liga in 15 years, and in Europe Liverpool weren't close to their best and scored five against them, they scraped through their group with a negative goal difference, and they gave up plenty of chances against a dog shit average United team that we beat 6-0 across two games. They're still dangerous-ish, because they're a well-coached European team, and they can still break, but we have nothing to be afraid of.

Quick tip, trolling and wumming is against the rules of the forum. You might want to bear that in mind.

To be fair, I'm with them on that. Atletico was the one team I wanted to avoid at all costs. We play diving, time wasting parked buses most weeks in the league and one of the few good things about the closing stages of the Champions League is getting to play teams that actually try and play football.
All it will take is a fussy Lahoz style referee for these games to be some of the dullest and most frustrating games in recent memory. Can't be doing with it myself and the quicker Simeone and his rancid ilk disappear from football the better.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.