CL Draw | QF: Atletico Madrid | SF: Chelsea/Real Madrid

Not a bad draw really. City will have to up their game in discipline terms however as Atletico are professional time wasters and if they go ahead will try and grind City down with diving, moaning, fake injuries, cheating etc. Play to the whistle City and no moaning or back chat to the ref. It doesnt do us any good and other teams play on it.

Last edited:
I think you'll beat Atletico. I'm concerned about Real though as theyre a decent team (Benzema is in good form) but you should be winning that.

Would you rather have Liverpool in the final or Bayern?
Two City hating forever moaning sets of wankers those two clubs. I’d rather face Benfica.

Well, not gonna be easy imo. if we were unhappy with the timewasting antic of Palace, Atletico will do that on whole another level and their dark arts skills are "immense" compared to the rest of the clubs. Simeone is not a joker. his style is football is not easy on the eye to say, but him winning not one but two La Liga when Real and Barca had simply so much stronger resources also getting Atletico to two CL finals, I have nothing but respect for that.

We need to get a result in the first leg, so they cannot sit back as we easily can find ourselves in a game same as Palace/Soton who managed to close us out. and they are not on Atletico's level.

I see 1 time they faced each other Pep and Simeone in CL, Bayern 2015/2016 in the semifinal of CL, Atletico at home won 1-0, and lost 2-1 in Munich Atletico went to final on more away goals.
no surprise the Bayern-Atletico game was crazy, Bayern had 35 shots, 12 on target but only won 2-1 and that wasnt enough. What cost Bayern that year is they didnt score away from 20 shots/ 7 on target + hit the post. In that tie Pep really wanted to win as it was his 3rd consecutive CL semis with Bayern (lost in last two) and he already signed for City from next season so it was last chance to win CL for them but didnt happen.

Luckily this Atletico is a level worse at least from a few years ago and also their defensive numbers are pretty bad this season compared to last one. but still way more dangerous opponents than Sporting so to say. and lot more experienced in CL than the likes of Lyon, Monaco, spurs who beat Pep too recent seasons. so no reason to underestimate them.

Get a small lead in home leg and we need to stop them being able to park the bus at home. also good its a Tuesday game before the Pool game on Sunday. would have been much worse if we start in Madrid away from home on a Wednesday evening before the Sunday Pool game.
The talent may be lesser, but the team culture is the same. They are a tough out for anyone.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.