CL Last 16 vs Barcelona (feb. 24 & mar. 18)

Re: CL Last 16 vs Barcelona

kippaxblue76 said:
Its quite clear that they do not want us to progress, the chances of us getting a group of death every single year then getting Barca twice in succession after we manage to get through is highly unlikely. Add all this to the FFP bollocks only points to one thing. IT FUCKING STINKS.
They must really hate Barcelona then by giving them the worst possible fixtures two years on the bounce. Our draw could have been even worse, theirs couldn't.

The draw for the youth league is on the UEFA website. Hasn't started yet but should soon.

Anyone staying in Calella or Lloret we will be providing coaches and hotels/other travel options.Many thanks Mac

chris85mcfc said:
kenzie115 said:
LoveCity said:
Just thinking, Liverpool could have a Europa game right before we play them at Anfield depending on their scheduling. We are home to Barca before that game.
I was thinking that, an extra day's rest will help.

Even if their not playing in Europe, you would imagine that game would be on the Sunday anyway for TV

We play on the Tuesday. Liverpool are in Istanbul on the Thursday. Worked out well.

Matt the Giant said:
RandomJ said:
Not a single city fan was surprised by this such a fucking fix. I admire people's optimism saying we'll win and we are certainly capable but my worry is Messi is getting back to his record setting best and he is exactly the sort of player Demi and Mangala struggle against. Think Joe and Sergio will need to play out of their skins for this one.

Barca's non existing defense will surely have nightmares about coming up against Aguero though.

they've conceded 12 goals in 22 games this season. Not really bad defensive record.

Prestwich_Blue said:
coleridge said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
You've got to laugh. Our kid asked me to text him the draw so I said to make it quick it'll be 'A' for Real Madrid & 'B' for Barecelona.

The thing I can't quite work out is that they obviously know in advance which teams we (or anyone else can play).So they set up all those pots, with one for each club, that have all the potential opponents in. So our pot has six balls in and the other seven pots have the teams that the other second place teams can play. But when one of those possible opponents comes out then that eliminates that team from all the other. For example, once Chelsea were drawn, no one else could draw them. So how do they manage that? The only way they can do it is by knowing which teams are in which balls surely?

Didn't they just remove the Chelsea balls from the other pots?
That's the most likely explanation which means that they can easily see which is which. And if they can see that then it must be easy to fix.

Doesn't work that that.

They have two bowls out of which the pairings are made. The first bowl A is the runners up bowl, out of which the 1st team is drawn. The second bowl - let's say Bowl B - is then made up there and then with the required balls representing the possible opponents.

So for the 1st draw, all possibilities are in play. When they prepare Bowl B for the 2nd match, they don't put in the group winner that was already drawn in round 1, so there's 1 less ball in Bowl B for the 2nd draw. For the 3rd draw, there's 2 less balls etc. Finally with the last draw, only 1 ball is put into bowl B.

So it all works and all seems above board. The issue however is that we can't actually see what teams are in each ball, so it would be possible (somehow) for bowl B to continue say 7 balls, all with the same team name inside.

Booked early morn flight from Gatwick on Weds, back Fri afternoon easyjet £69 + staying at the Hilton (walking distance from ground) using my points so FOC for a change....

It might very well be race against time for Aguero, just like last season when he didn't make it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.