CL Last 16 vs Barcelona (feb. 24 & mar. 18)

Re: CL Last 16 vs Barcelona

dekabreak said:
Just saying a few things:

The Barça we faced last season is superior to the one we'll face in February

Luis Enrique is the Spanish Moyes.

Let's hope we can get better referees than last time around. And hopefully Pellegrini isn't scared of them

This...

+ we played them based on their reputation last year, we just need to avoid doing that and we wll be fine.

on a side note as much as i love Yaya is anyone else slightly happy that he will miss THIS game in particular, he seems to have a soft spot for Barca and i dont like it @ all!!

You lot have turned off the television a bit early. they have just done a draw for next seasons Champs League, in the group stage we have got Bayern, Roma and Real Madrid.

In the last 16 we have got Barcelona.

Shocking stuff, never saw that happening. I genuinely can't wait to play CSKA, Bayern and Barca again next season. Cunts.

dekabreak said:
Just saying a few things:

The Barça we faced last season is superior to the one we'll face in February

Luis Enrique is the Spanish Moyes.

Let's hope we can get better referees than last time around. And hopefully Pellegrini isn't scared of them
Let's not forget that they beat us via a penalty that probably shouldn't have been and a late goal after we'd played with 10 men for most of the second half (and one of those was Lescott). In Barcelona we lost 2-1 and again it was a mistake from Lescott that handed them their first goal on a plate and they finished it off with another goal from Alves in injury time. All of their four goals were eminently preventable.

We play Newcastle at home before, and Liverpool away after the first leg. Burnley away before, and West Brom at home after the second leg.

Also if we get a good result at home we might have a good chance in the 2nd leg, they have a Clasico coming up in March

Just thinking, Liverpool could have a Europa game right before we play them at Anfield depending on their scheduling. We are home to Barca before that game.

Barcelona. Hardly a surprise. Difficult, not impossible as long as the ref decides to let the game end 11 vs 11.

And no, I'm not gonna put together a list of opponents over the last 4 years for us, Chelsea and Arsenal (and United/Liverpool combined). It's simply too frustrated. It is by all means a Chimps League.

At least I'm back from holls when the return game is sceduled, so I can watch both.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.