CL QF Draw - City V Spurs ===== SF V Ajax (If we get there)

It’s a tremendous draw

Spurs were one of the 3 I wanted. To be away first is an added bonus

Of the 3 other likely semi finalists, Juve, Liverpool and Barca.. Juve is the one I would have picked

Can see a city v Barca final
Yeah other than if Porto were drawn with Ajax that’s spot on for me that too.

Should do. This run is less tough arguably and we haven't had our foot off the gas for a few months this time.

I think this is a fantastic draw, absolutely fantastic.

I don't mean it's easy for us to get by Spurs, not at all, but as someone who puts the league first, the thought of 2 games v the rags & maybe two v Liverpool or Barca, whilst also having to play the rags in the league, would have put severe strain on our resources.

3 games v Spurs is not good at all, but it's much much better than the alternative & much much better than it might have been.

If Barca manage to somehow lose to the rags, Liverpool playing them twice would kill them in the league.

I think this is a fantastic draw, absolutely fantastic.

I don't mean it's easy for us to get by Spurs, not at all, but as someone who puts the league first, the thought of 2 games v the rags & maybe two v Liverpool or Barca, whilst also having to play the rags in the league, would have put severe strain on our resources.

3 games v Spurs is not good at all, but it's much much better than the alternative & much much better than it might have been.

If Barca manage to somehow lose to the rags, Liverpool playing them twice would kill them in the league.
Yeah Spurs were my second pick after Porto, they won't be easy games but we struggle less with them than we have done with the dippers, Barca, Juve etc and there's less mental baggage there than the rags. Liverpool got the easy tie but playing Porto guarantees that come match day 38 we won't have played more matches than them in Europe, so at worst we have the Swansea game and an FA Cup semi played more than them when the league finishes.
Less travel with Spurs too, which could be the difference in a tight title race.

Is there any official confirmation of the date of the second leg? Have seen conflicting information.

The dates for our Champions League quarter-final tie against Tottenham have been confirmed by UEFA.

City travel to Tottenham for the first leg on Tuesday 9 April, with the return game at the Etihad scheduled for Wednesday 17 April.

Both matches will kick-off at 8pm.

The away leg is expected to be played at Tottenham’s new stadium.

This is from our official web-site

https://www.mancity.com/news/first-...hampions-league-dates-time-info-ajax-Juventus

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.