CL Quarter Final Draw - Liverpool A Apr 4th - H Apr 10th

Just read all the posts since the draw.

Some really are flapping. It’s tough but this is the CL it could of been much worse had we drawn Barca, Real or Bayern, Juve even.

Liverpool also have a tough run of games and a weak bench with no game changers on it, meaning their attack will be much more fatigued. We were an Aguero touch away from 4-4 at Anfield without Kompany and Silva and facing a well rested Liverpool.

I am confident we can get through. I would start Sane-Jesus-Bernardo at Anfield then Sane-Kun-Sterling against the rags.

Another advantage is they are in a close battle for top 4 meaning they won’t be able to rotate. Mane-Firmino-Salah will have to start Palace away, us at Anfield, Everton away then us at the Etihad. While our front 3 will most definitely rotate during this run of games. We also having the advantage of rotating in Gundogan for Kev or Dave. Hopefully Delph will be fit as well.

Excellent points!

Reminding me of the scene off the damned united film where Clough f**ked Derby by refusing to rest players against their rivals leeds and Juve KO'd their youth team out of the european cup after Leeds kicked them apart

That is the nightmare scenario , A&E , Matic putting the boot in at the derby game they might even bring back the Big Nose Swede to do some lasting damage

This all day!! And we’re lucky we have a manager CLUB OWNERSHIP that will think the same way

Fixed it for ya! ;^)

Pep isn’t stupid, and I’m sure their current location in the world will elicit some serious conversations amongst the leadership of the club.

Surely their game will move. If it was us we would be quite rightly fuming having to play Sunday then Tuesday.

Their game is now 12.30 on Saturday and the scousers are moaning that we have more recovery time for our derby because we play at 5.30 than they do totally ignoring the fact that they have more recovery time for the second leg...

Tickets for home leg anounced

Prices
Seasoncard Holders on the Cup Scheme Adult Over 65, 18- 21 & Disabled Under 18
North & South Stand Level 1 & Level 3 £35.00 £30.00 £10.00
North & South Stand Level 2 £40.00 £35.00 £15.00
East & Colin Bell Stand Level 1 & Level 3 £45.00 £40.00 £20.00
East & Colin Bell Stand Level 2 £50.00 £45.00 £25.00
93:20 £60.00 £55.00 £35.00

Seasoncard Holders not on the Cup Scheme & Cityzen Matchday Members* Adult Over 65, 18- 21 & Disabled Under 18
North & South Stand Level 1 & Level 3 £40.00 £32.50 £12.50
North & South Stand Level 2 £45.00 £37.50 £17.50
East & Colin Bell Stand Level 1 & Level 3 £50.00 £42.50 £22.50
East & Colin Bell Stand Level 2 £55.00 £47.50 £27.50
93:20 £65.00 £57.50 £37.50

Money going out Monday though

Do you know when they go on sale mate?

People need to remember at Anfield we were well in the game at 1-1 and Otamendi hit the bar before we had a 15 minute meltdown. I'm sure Pep will not let that happen again. And for the last 15 minutes they were shattered and we nearly snatched a draw. I'm confident over 2 legs

Just read all the posts since the draw.

Some really are flapping. It’s tough but this is the CL it could of been much worse had we drawn Barca, Real or Bayern, Juve even.

Liverpool also have a tough run of games and a weak bench with no game changers on it, meaning their attack will be much more fatigued. We were an Aguero touch away from 4-4 at Anfield without Kompany and Silva and facing a well rested Liverpool.

I am confident we can get through. I would start Sane-Jesus-Bernardo at Anfield then Sane-Kun-Sterling against the rags.

Another advantage is they are in a close battle for top 4 meaning they won’t be able to rotate. Mane-Firmino-Salah will have to start Palace away, us at Anfield, Everton away then us at the Etihad. While our front 3 will most definitely rotate during this run of games. We also having the advantage of rotating in Gundogan for Kev or Dave. Hopefully Delph will be fit as well.

People flap, have a gut feeling, worry about, every match we play. Unlike you and I who realise our magnificent team will win this one with style.

Fixed it for ya! ;^)

Pep isn’t stupid, and I’m sure their current location in the world will elicit some serious conversations amongst the leadership of the club.
The outcome of Spurs v Swansea may have a big bearing on things as well.

If Swansea win we may have another free weekend the week after Spurs. Don’t forget we are free this weekend too.

Last edited by a moderator:
That, on average, is a 2-1 loss. That’s not a bad result to take back to the Eithad

As it turns out, I think we’ll leather them in the first leg a la Basle

Totally agree BH , if the Dippers have one of their many defensive off nights and we have one of more usual excellent attacking games , the tie could be over by half time at Klanfield.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.