CL Quarter Final Draw - Liverpool A Apr 4th - H Apr 10th

The amount of worldwide publicity these games will generate will have rags green with envy, it may cause moureen to go on a long insane rant ;-)

Can't wait for more of this...

tenor.gif

Last edited:
BIg two weeks....
Sat 17:30 Everton (a)
Wed 19:45 Liverpool (a) CL 1st Leg
Sat 17:30 Utd (h)
Tue 19:45 Liverpool (h) CL 2nd leg
Sat 19:45 Spurs (a)
This is what BIG teams who want to win BIG things have to deal with when they want to win two of the most difficult club trophies in the world in the same season!

The squad we have is capable enough to handle this. My concern is now SOLELY focused on key players on Intl duty.

There is no reason for the likes of KDB to be playing 180 minutes, or even ANY minutes, given his season, but Martinez has shown he doesn’t care! Hopefully, KDB is strong enough to have a word, if Pep hasn’t already!

Just read all the posts since the draw.

Some really are flapping. It’s tough but this is the CL it could of been much worse had we drawn Barca, Real or Bayern, Juve even.

Liverpool also have a tough run of games and a weak bench with no game changers on it, meaning their attack will be much more fatigued. We were an Aguero touch away from 4-4 at Anfield without Kompany and Silva and facing a well rested Liverpool.

I am confident we can get through. I would start Sane-Jesus-Bernardo at Anfield then Sane-Kun-Sterling against the rags.

Another advantage is they are in a close battle for top 4 meaning they won’t be able to rotate. Mane-Firmino-Salah will have to start Palace away, us at Anfield, Everton away then us at the Etihad. While our front 3 will most definitely rotate during this run of games. We also having the advantage of rotating in Gundogan for Kev or Dave. Hopefully Delph will be fit as well.
Indeed!

I dont think its a case of prioritising beating united over progressing in the CL. I think that if we play our strongest team against United, win the league, and then play the same team (more or less) against Liverpool, we will play better against Liverpool than if we play a weakened team against united and fail to clinch the title. The psychological benefit of clinching the title would more than outweigh any fatigue issues.

Do see your point keeping the momentum going , this is one for Pep to sort out

This is what BIG teams who want to win BIG things have to deal with when they want to win two of the most difficult club trophies in the world in the same season!

The squad we have is capable enough to handle this. My concern is now SOLELY focused on key players on Intl duty.

There is no reason for the likes of KDB to be playing 180 minutes, or even ANY minutes, given his season, but Martinez has shown he doesn’t care! Hopefully, KDB is strong enough to have a word, if Pep hasn’t already!
Indeed again!

I dont think its a case of prioritising beating united over progressing in the CL. I think that if we play our strongest team against United, win the league, and then play the same team (more or less) against Liverpool, we will play better against Liverpool than if we play a weakened team against united and fail to clinch the title. The psychological benefit of clinching the title would more than outweigh any fatigue issues.
I’m fully with you on this.

And judging at the team selection in the Arsenal-Arsenal-Chelsea run of games, he’ll play full strength in all of these.

Nobody was talking about resting players against United yesterday so why all of a sudden since we’ve been drawn against Liverpool is it coming up?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.