CL Quarter Final Draw - Liverpool A Apr 4th - H Apr 10th

I wouldn't have minded any of the Euro giants. After all if we are the best team of the PL era we surely would beat an ailing Madrid, average Barca, an ageing Juve.

The only ones difficult to judge are Bayern.

Liverpool are one of their better teams of recent years but as has been pointed out are 21 points our inferiors
Don't think the 21 points inferior will count for jack shit in a cup competition, Wigan were a damn sight further down the pecking order than that. I feel this is going to be as tough a tie as any of the other teams we could have faced and harder than most. Been going a long time and only seen us win at Anfield twice.

Don't think the 21 points inferior will count for jack shit in a cup competition, Wigan were a damn sight further down the pecking order than that. I feel this is going to be as tough a tie as any of the other teams we could have faced and harder than most. Been going a long time and only seen us win at Anfield twice.

Take a trip over and enjoy the 3rd ;-)

couldn't care less if we have the league wrapped up.... its a derby game and i will be pissed off as will many others if we play a weaker side. we should always be trying to beat united.
No . Much bigger objectives. Watched City best Utd here and there since the late 50's . Never seen them win The Champions League. Also remember Out title win in 68! That's not what people remember about English football in 1968 & Being there I instantly became a Bitter Blue!!

No . Much bigger objectives. Watched City best Utd here and there since the late 50's . Never seen them win The Champions League. Also remember Out title win in 68! That's not what people remember about English football in 1968 & Being there I instantly became a Bitter Blue!!

so if we play the first team against united we wont win the champions league then ? we could just play strong sides in both mate

Well at least we are away first leg.dont like to think there’s a jinx or hoodoo on us when we play at anfield,but if the match their goes the same way as the league one,where we had a 10min spell where everything that could go wrong did go wrong in fact culminating in probably our worst defensive display by far this season,then I will start to believe in a hex or hoodoo ..

They need to totally go for this to save their season, we don't. Pressure not on us to win away - pressure on them to win at home. They are not good enough to cope with this imo. 1-1 at klanfield and 3-1 at home. Someone said earlier about Sterling not starting and I agree against his previous team - start Bernado instead - otherwise full strength here. Hope Kompany can play 90 mins in this and prove he is not permacrocked - Ffs I would love him to play for the next 10 yrs at full on.
Defence need to stay switched on for the whole 90 mins - no matter where the ball is - retreat a couple of yards with the press would make things a lot tighter for me. Sometimes we seem to press too far up the pitch and suffer the consequences. It would make little difference to the opposition but leaves us exposed with just slightly too much to do. (That is my opinion)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.