CL Quarter Final Draw - Liverpool A Apr 4th - H Apr 10th

And? they have caused us the most problems out of any team we have faced. Points difference is irrelevant in the champions league.
And? It is the truest reflection of how much better overall we are than them, it is the opposite of irrelevant. You really dont think we will beat Liverpool over two legs? Of course we will

And? It is the truest reflection of how much better overall we are than them, it is the opposite of irrelevant. You really dont think we will beat Liverpool over two legs? Of course we will

They play the way we struggle to deal with, their forwards pressuring our defenders over two games I am not overly confident. That's not saying we couldn't beat them I just cannot get my head round people wanting them. You just said of course we will, that's a very bold statement. Before the red Liverpool was in the game against us and got in and behind our defence quite a few times in a short space of time. The sending off was evidence of that, I am not saying we wouldn't have won, we was 1-0 up but it certainly helped as they instantly gave up.

They play the way we struggle to deal with, their forwards pressuring our defenders over two games I am not overly confident. That's not saying we couldn't beat them I just cannot get my head round people wanting them. You just said of course we will, that's a very bold statement. Before the red Liverpool was in the game against us and got in and behind our defence quite a few times in a short space of time. The sending off was evidence of that, I am not saying we wouldn't have won, we was 1-0 up but it certainly helped as they instantly gave up.
Great. Give me a side that instantly gives up in a knock out competition any day

Yeah lets get a team where at least one leg we will definitely lose..............
There is absolutely nothing to support the notion that we definitely lose one leg. A win and a draw is more than realistic given how much more consistent we are than them. It doesnt take much for them to fold as you have indicated

Nothing to support my notion?

How often do we lose at Anfield? Only pretty much every time we play there, and that's twice even under Pep. There is more support to suggest that than "of course we will win" which is blind loyalty to your club. Either way if we do get them I hope we stuff them. Much rather twat United twice though.

I have to agree here. There's such a thing as a bad match up and I think Liverpool might be it for us. Granted, I still think we'd have a good chance over two legs but the way they press and work to make the game hectic and crazy can give us problems. Sure, we are 18 points clear of them. But, the Champions League isn't about how we are so much better at consistently beating other PL teams than they are.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.