CL Revenues & Coefficients

Prestwich_Blue

Just had an email from SwissRamble, whose blog I subscribe to, with his estimate of the CL revenue we'll have earned to date. It can only be an estimate as, while some of it is fixed for all clubs based on performance, much is based on the distribution from the 'market pool' and that depends on how far each club gets relative to its national fellow CL participants. So the fact that both united and Newcastle have gone out of the knock-out stage is great for us and Arsenal, as we get to share more of the available pot. If Arsenal were to go out in R16, and we were to get to the final and win it again, we'd have a bumper payday, probably in excess of the £113.9m we got for winning it last season.

He reckons we've already guaranteed ourselves around €95m/£82m (including his estimate of the market pool) while united are on €60m. These figures are only UEFA prize money and don't include any ticket or commercial revenue.

As things stand with club coefficients, we're the top club in the main 5-year coefficient table, 5-year Coefficients with 141 points, with Bayern second on 136, then Real Madrid on 123, PSG on 108 and Liverpool on 103. united are in 9th place with 92 and will probably drop about 10 places over the next two years. That would probably see them in Pot 3 if they qualify for the CL.

The history clubs forced through the concept of a 10-year coefficient a few years ago, thinking that would protect part of their revenue stream even if they won nothing for a few years. However that backfired, and we're now 4th in that table, behind Real Madrid, Bayern and Barcelona. If we win it this season then we'd probably overtake Barca, but we are now the top English club in the 10-year rankings. united will plunge down that table over the next couple of years, down to around 25-30th place probably.

From a UEFA point of view at least, Manchester most definitely is Blue.

Last edited:
United voted/strong armed in FFP to try and stop us - now facing consequences of that themselves.

United voted/strong armed in ‘istree coefficients to protect themselves and stop us - now facing consequences of having being crap for a decade+

Reaping what they sowed. Such a shame.

IMG_1321.jpeg

Excellent news. History clubs hoisted by their own petard.

Pep made the comment after our win against Red Star that Ferran Soriano would be happy because of the additional revenue! The difference between us and our across town neighbours is how we generally reinvest monies whilst they take it out.

It is interesting how much time Khaldoon invests in City when he has so many other major commitments? I am sure I saw a shot of him, Ferran, Txiki and others at the Belgrade game.

Excellent news. History clubs hoisted by their own petard.

Pep made the comment after our win against Red Star that Ferran Soriano would be happy because of the additional revenue! The difference between us and our across town neighbours is how we generally reinvest monies whilst they take it out.

It is interesting how much time Khaldoon invests in City when he has so many other major commitments? I am sure I saw a shot of him, Ferran, Txiki and others at the Belgrade game.
I remember someone at the top of a multi-billion pound company making the point a few years ago, that if you spent more than a few hours a week on the job you were doing it wrong.

His suggestion was that at that level you make a few key decisions, and delegate the rest. I'd imagine Khaldoon's role is more like a hands off senior politician (which he pretty much is), and he's not actually doing day to day work anywhere.

Thanks PB, it is surely an example of how such a strong Business Plan that has had to adjust for rule changes meant to delay our progress etc. can still develop given time.
I'm so glad our Management stuck to their plan and mostly ignored media lies and attacks effectively concentrating on forcing others to spend to compete with our long term investment strategy.

UEFA know where their bread is buttered and time should make the PL realise the same.

I remember someone at the top of a multi-billion pound company making the point a few years ago, that if you spent more than a few hours a week on the job you were doing it wrong.

His suggestion was that at that level you make a few key decisions, and delegate the rest. I'd imagine Khaldoon's role is more like a hands off senior politician (which he pretty much is), and he's not actually doing day to day work anywhere.
I don't disgree.

The point is being accessible with his finger on the pulse whilst publicly acting as a figurehead. In addition to attending games, his end of year interview is a good example of leadership that connects to all parts of the CFG., fans and beyond.

Just had an email from SwissRamble, whose blog I subscribe to, with his estimate of the CL revenue we'll have earned to date. It can only be an estimate as, while some of it is fixed for all clubs based on performance, much is based on the distribution from the 'market pool' and that depends on how far each club gets relative to its national fellow CL participants. So the fact that both united and Newcastle have gone out of the knock-out stage is great for us and Arsenal, as we get to share more of the available pot. If Arsenal were to go out in R16, and we were to get to the final and win it again, we'd have a bumper payday, probably in excess of £100m, compared to the approximately £98m we got for winning it last season.

CL revenue was £113.9m for 22/23 according to Swiss Ramble.
Approx £1m less than our record high in 2021.

IIRC the split between PL and CL was also in the accounts

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.