CL Revenues & Coefficients

England have already sealed number one spot in the club coefficients used for 2024/25 and 99% certain to be number 1 for 2025/26. For another team to get top raking they need all English teams to lose remaining games (6 teams left) and Spain or Italy to set a record number of points for a season. Italy would need over 31 points and their record is 22 this century.

It will take a disaster to affect us in 2026/27.
The potential qualification for a 5th placed finish is based on the performance of the English clubs in this season in isolation.
Currently English clubs are 3rd
See @DaleJohnsonESPN on x/Twitter for full explanation and article

England have already sealed number one spot in the club coefficients used for 2024/25 and 99% certain to be number 1 for 2025/26. For another team to get top raking they need all English teams to lose remaining games (6 teams left) and Spain or Italy to set a record number of points for a season. Italy would need over 31 points and their record is 22 this century.

It will take a disaster to affect us in 2026/27.
I think you’re referring to the rolling coefficients that are used to determine how many ‘standard’ places each country gets in each of the three UEFA competitions.
I was dealing with the extra CL places in next season’s revamped format, one of which most people were expecting England to get. That’s decided on this season’s coefficients only with two slots up for grabs. England is currently in third place following the conclusion of the group stages behind Italy and Germany.
Edit: @Pablo ZZZ Peroni beat me to it!

I thought CFG's relationship with Girona was below the level needed to trigger the multi-club rule? Red Bull had both clubs playing each other in the Europa League group stage in 18/19.
It’s bollocks mate

Aston Villa and Vitoria Sport Clube, Brighton & Hove Albion and Royal Union Saint-Gilloise, plus AC Milan and Toulouse

All multi club owned & all playing in UEFA competitions this season

https://www.reuters.com/sports/socc...-allow-milan-villa-compete-europe-2023-07-07/

SwissRamble uses € not £. It was £98m in the last accounts. And the reason it was slightly higher in 2021 was that, yet again, our dear neighbours crashed out at the group stage, giving the other 3 PL clubs more of the market pool.

You can't say they're not considerate neighbours.
You are categorically wrong. To repeat my earlier post Swiss Ramble uses a figure of £113.9 million. Yes ££££.

And whilst it’s good to bash our neighbours, the market pool differential was not the main reason for 2021 being slightly higher. We received c£15 million from UEFA deferred from 19/20 due delayed games being played in 20/21and that was the main reason.

We earned c£5mil more the market pool than United in 20/21. However, whilst we have overtaken them since, they earned c£3mil more than us from the coefficient placing.

Last edited:
You are categorically wrong. To repeat my earlier post Swiss Ramble uses a figure of £113.9 million. Yes ££££.

And whilst it’s good to bash our neighbours, the market pool differential was not the main reason for 2021 being slightly higher. We received c£15 million from UEFA deferred from 19/20 due delayed games being played in 20/21and that was the main reason.

We earned c£5mil more the market pool than United in 20/21. However, whilst we have overtaken them since, they earned c£3mil more than us from the coefficient placing.
Apologies - you're quite right. It's £113.852m in the accounts. No idea where I got £98m from.

I thought CFG's relationship with Girona was below the level needed to trigger the multi-club rule? Red Bull had both clubs playing each other in the Europa League group stage in 18/19.
Yes CFG 49% ownership, don't think this triggers that rule.

Could do with spending some of it on someone fast. Or a midfielder that can score about 15 goals a season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.