Claridge ripping into city, again

ClaudioDeyna said:
I think Claridge is a Little-Englander who has a problem with foreign managers in our league. He is the thinking man's Jeff Powell.

I think you're on to something there. Every time I listen to him he is incredibly negative about Mancini, he clearly absolutely hates him and has had it in for him from the day he arrived. But then there are even City supporters who have been the same so it isn't really a surprise. It never fails to astonish me that Claridge can take any issue about City, literally any, and turn it into an anti-Mancini rant. I swear I heard him use us winning the FA Cup and finishing 3rd as evidence that Mancini is an underachiever a few weeks ago. Claridge is a joke and when he tried managing he was so shit it defied belief.

Who makes these appointments for the BBC? What background, relevant experience and qualifications do they have? It looks like someone from HR has just gone oh, Mr Claridge you have played 35000 games for 50 different clubs, you must be very knowledgeable, here's a job.

I wonder if one of our ex-managers told Claridge he wasn't good enough for us.

nijinskybell said:
Who makes these appointments for the BBC? What background, relevant experience and qualifications do they have? It looks like someone from HR has just gone oh, Mr Claridge you have played 35000 games for 50 different clubs, you must be very knowledgeable, here's a job.

I wonder if one of our ex-managers told Claridge he wasn't good enough for us.

If managing Weymouth and nearly getting promoted to the Conference doesn't give you an insight into what it must be like managing City and some of the top players in the world then I don't know what does.

Claridge is a typical loud mouthed,all mouth and no trousers, gobby Southern wide boy.He was a shit journeyman of a footballer who had no fewer than FIFTEEN league clubs in his mediocre career!

The most appearances he made for any of them was 110 for Weymouth,run a close second by 104 for Portsmouth.

At Cambridge he had a tempestuous relationship with manager John Beck, which was exacerbated by Claridge's gambling problems.

He was also given a six-month suspended jail sentence for dangerous driving after speeding at 100 mph near Solihull in June 2008.

A total pea brained knobhead who was lucky someone thought he could kick a bag of wind well enough to rescue him from labouring on a building site for the rest of his rat faced life!

Mercifully I have yet to sample the delight of listening to Claridge talking about City. I do remember watching a fly-on-the-wall doc about his time as Weymouths manager, he struck me at the time as appearing to be very unprofessional, he was just interested arsing about with the mates he'd brought to the club. I felt for the club directors, as he nearly bankrupted them, they spent a lot of money without really going anywhere.

[quote="lyonfishI felt for the club directors, as he nearly bankrupted them, they spent a lot of money without really going anywhere.[/quote]

Must have been his gambling addiction,lol!

I am sorry RM didnt personally go to Carlos and beg him to come, Claridge you really are a prick, thank god i dont listen to that shite anymore

He was a crap player! No pace. Ok playing for Cambridge but left wanting at higher levels. Also what happened at Weymouth?? Crap man management skills also. TWAT and Butt Ugly at that!'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.