Clarkson. Finished?

Royalty will never be skint. H has a ton of money from his Mother.
It's not really about money though. Money doesn't buy happiness.

I think the RF missed a massive opportunity with Meghan. Most of the Commonwealth has coloured citizens, she was apparently wanting an ambassador role in that Commonwealth. She would've been ideal.

One thing I learned from watching their doco was that when they were in places like Africa and the Carribean, before they left the RF....they were extremely happy in that role. And the crowds really loved her...I'm not a Royalist so I didn't know much about them.

Having a woman of colour in a Commonwealth ambassador role would've been really good for the RF. And in the doco she really wanted to do it.

It's obvious that the UK media forced H&M out of the UK, an act that will be seen by Commonwealth countries as a racist act.
Of course H has a ton of money (our money) - just like the rest of them.
I do not know what it is about.
Maybe - but the Commonwealth is in decline and probably should be broken up.
They may have been popular, so what? The Pope is revered in the world's poorest countries... proves nowt.
I'm sure she did/can say that in hindsight.
I'm equally sure Commonwealth countries have more pressing issues.

In peace.

I doubt either of them are emotionally affected by a shockjock being a twat anymore. They are validated by his foolish act of going too far.
Yep, Clarkson’s comments provide a fair amount of vindication for what they’ve been saying for years.
I’m guessing he didn’t realise that by behaving like a **** he actually bought them some goodwill from people not wholly entrenched in their anti-H&M views.

They may have been popular, so what? The Pope is revered in the world's poorest countries... proves nowt.

In peace.

They have cut the foreign aid budget. If they get back in you can fucking bet if the Commonwealth costs us any money they will seek to break it up to reward the gammons

In peace.
The Royal Family is funded by income from the Crown Estate which is legally owned by the sovereign, not by the state, even though the Treasury administers it and gets most of the income. So it’s patently wrong to say they’ve got “our money”. You could argue that the Crown Estate should be nationalised in which case it would be our money but that has not happened.

The Royal Family is funded by income from the Crown Estate which is legally owned by the sovereign, not by the state, even though the Treasury administers it and gets most of the income. So it’s patently wrong to say they’ve got “our money”. You could argue that the Crown Estate should be nationalised in which case it would be our money but that has not happened.

That isn't quite accurate. The crown estate cannot be treated like private property it is effectively semi-nationalised already.

That isn't quite accurate. The crown estate cannot be treated like private property it is effectively semi-nationalised already.
Legally it’s owned by the sovereign although he is not at liberty to treat it like any other personal possession. The point being that income from it is not “our money” until 75% of it is provided to the treasury, and the other 25% funds the civil list.

Legally it’s owned by the sovereign although he is not at liberty to treat it like any other personal possession. The point being that income from it is not “our money” until 75% of it is provided to the treasury, and the other 25% funds the civil list.

It’s held by the sovereign as an office, not an individual.

It's a statutory corporation like the BBC.

If the BBC were ever privatised, they could choose to cut peoples taxes with the sale proceeds or pay it out like a windfall from the demutualisation of a building society.

If a whitehall official were to sell it at an undervalue or trouser some of the proceeds himself, it would be correct to say it was a loss of taxpayer's money, even though it wasn't collected from taxes.

The civil list was abolished in 2011. The sovereign grant is protected against any decline in profits and inflation. It is arguably "our money". The government protects the sovereign at the expense.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.