Classic Gigs

I would give anything to have been at either of these gigs.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KtF7ql3FJc[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3H2AIh6Rc3M[/youtube]

The Who supported by Lynyrd Synyrd Little Feeet and the Sensational Alex Harvey Band....June 1976.. Parkhead , Glasgow

wonderful sunny day.. 18 and off my face !!!!

Skynyrd were brilliant (pre air crash) and the Who were awesome (still had Keith Moon alive and well at tha time )

What a day... !!!!

dom said:
The Who supported by Lynyrd Synyrd Little Feeet and the Sensational Alex Harvey Band....June 1976.. Parkhead , Glasgow

wonderful sunny day.. 18 and off my face !!!!

Skynyrd were brilliant (pre air crash) and the Who were awesome (still had Keith Moon alive and well at tha time )

What a day... !!!!

Saw same tour at Knobworth....Skynyrd blew the Who right outta the place.

Glory Hunter said:
Anyone on here go to The Festival of the 10th Summer at the GMEX - meant to be punk's 10th anniversary so must have been 86 - The Fall, The Smiths, New Order, Pete Shelley and John Cale - plus plenty of others - mad intense beautiful day, perhaps I dreamt it but it's never been better than that day - it's up there with the 5-1 and Gillingham

It was indeed a great day - remember Derek Hatton coming out on crutches and someone getting up and twatting him?
We sat in the seats near the front at the side (right side looking at the stage) and I'm ashamed to say I got a few Mexican waves going later on!
Also Howard Devoto, Flag of Convenience, Sandie Shaw, Wayne Fontana, OMD and The Worst were on.

The Smiths were a disappointment that day - not the fault of the band, it's just their jingly jangly light sound was lost in the cavernous venue and also they came on around 5pm so it was still light too.

The following day was The Smiths at Salford Uni - my all time best ever gig and the closest I've ever been to being at a football game when at a gig! It was Mad!

bluehibee said:
As a 15 year old only been to 2 gigs which were beady eye in Edinburgh last April and The View in Glasgow last December. Got Miles Kane lined up 2 weeks on Saturday in Glasgow, Happy Mondays 4th May in Glasgow, The Enemy 25th May in Glasgow and The View again in Glasgow 12th July. Have to say that The View gig was better than the Beady Eye one especially as Kyle Falconer (lead singer) played Don't Look Back In Anger at the end. Top nights.
Jesus! where do you get your money from.<br /><br />-- Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:12 pm --<br /><br />
Mad Eyed Screamer said:
Glory Hunter said:
Anyone on here go to The Festival of the 10th Summer at the GMEX - meant to be punk's 10th anniversary so must have been 86 - The Fall, The Smiths, New Order, Pete Shelley and John Cale - plus plenty of others - mad intense beautiful day, perhaps I dreamt it but it's never been better than that day - it's up there with the 5-1 and Gillingham

It was indeed a great day - remember Derek Hatton coming out on crutches and someone getting up and twatting him?
We sat in the seats near the front at the side (right side looking at the stage) and I'm ashamed to say I got a few Mexican waves going later on!
Also Howard Devoto, Flag of Convenience, Sandie Shaw, Wayne Fontana, OMD and The Worst were on.

The Smiths were a disappointment that day - not the fault of the band, it's just their jingly jangly light sound was lost in the cavernous venue and also they came on around 5pm so it was still light too.

The following day was The Smiths at Salford Uni - my all time best ever gig and the closest I've ever been to being at a football game when at a gig! It was Mad!
The Worst, woody used to knock about with the West Gorton hoolie Blues, crombie and staprest etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.