Classic Gigs

As a 15 year old only been to 2 gigs which were beady eye in Edinburgh last April and The View in Glasgow last December. Got Miles Kane lined up 2 weeks on Saturday in Glasgow, Happy Mondays 4th May in Glasgow, The Enemy 25th May in Glasgow and The View again in Glasgow 12th July. Have to say that The View gig was better than the Beady Eye one especially as Kyle Falconer (lead singer) played Don't Look Back In Anger at the end. Top nights.

Anyone on here go to The Festival of the 10th Summer at the GMEX - meant to be punk's 10th anniversary so must have been 86 - The Fall, The Smiths, New Order, Pete Shelley and John Cale - plus plenty of others - mad intense beautiful day, perhaps I dreamt it but it's never been better than that day - it's up there with the 5-1 and Gillingham

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
Springsteen Roundhey Park Leeds 85
The Smiths Salford Uni 86
The Stone Roses Blackpool 89

Looking at the ticket stubs as I type!

The Smiths at Salford Uni was the one I wasnt at but wish I had been. The you tube footage is great. Almost the whole gig on now.

Best I have seen

Morrissey - St Georges Hall Blackburn 2002
Oasis - Main Road 1995
Courteeners - Apollo 2011
New Order - Apollo 2001

1. Springsteen & E Street Band - May 81
2. The Who - Wembley 79
3. Green Day MEN Arena 2005

Hard to name 3 to be honest, loads of others. Should really have SLF, The Jam and Joy Division in there as memorable ones but the 3 above are probably the best.

union city blue said:
roman totale said:
James (when they were good) blowing The Smiths off stage at the Palace

Steady on mate! I was at this gig and I'd agree James were fucking fantastic that night. In fact, it was the first time I'd ever seen a support act get an encore (which IIRC was 'If Things Were Perfect' for the 2nd time in the set as they'd run out of songs!).

But the band hasn't been born that could blow The Smiths off the stage!

Incidentally, any shouts for loudest gig attended? Mine's Oasis at the Academy. Can't remember the year but it was around the Xmas time when 'Whatever' was released. My ears were ringing for about a week after.

I saw The Smiths four times and only at the Maxwell Hall gig did I really get the feeling that they totally clicked live. I respect all opinions though...

Loudest gig... believe it or not, OMD had a reputation of playing loud and the gig at the Apollo on the Dazzleships tour almost took the air out your lungs.

roman totale said:
Loudest gig... believe it or not, OMD had a reputation of playing loud and the gig at the Apollo on the Dazzleships tour almost took the air out your lungs.

Funny you should mention that OMD gig. Saw them a few times including that Dazzle ships tour. Remember my chest vibrating because of the volume. Felt weird and remember us looking at each other as if to say "this can't be good for us". Seen some major loud ones since but nothing like that.

Seen Guns n Roses, Metallica. Ozzy, Dio, Fleetwood Mac, Buddy Guy, Motley Crue, all great gigs

Seen so many over the last few years but my fave gig although not a massive one was Noel at the HMV Forum,,so lucky to be there , he said he'd had band rehearsals in bigger venues!
quality.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.