Classic Rock (Phil Collins lives, run for the hills)

Will be going to the O2 in October-the nostalgia will be immense, having 1st seen Genesis at the NEC in 1981 on the Abacab tour.
I was the only one in our 6th form to get a ticket it was so popular.
It at was one of the concerts attended by Charles and Di.
I remember cycling to Stockport bus station to get the coach and then home at god knows what hour when we got back.

Amazing concert and my 1st big one and I will never forget.
I think the ticket was about £5.!

really looking forward to it and going over the old albums now on Tidal/master quality.
I’m surprised your bike was still there when you got back tbh ;-)

Sounds like a great memory that though. I remember doing loads of ticket + coach trips with Piccadilly Records down to places like the NEC, MK Bowl and even Wembley Arena back in the day.

She was a Princess of the Night, I saw the writing on the waaa-ll!
Fabulous band.
Hot off the Friday Rock Show …

Barnsley's finest.

They were on tv a few years ago doing one of these bands on hard times get a makeover and a relaunch. Fantastic stuff everything suggested Biff said no to.

Thought it was more 2015 or so but this is part one ...not had time to watch it so could be something else...

Last edited:
Barnsley's finest.

They were on tv a few years ago doing one of these bands on hard times get a makeover and a relaunch. Fantastic stuff everything suggested Biff said no to.
That was quite a while ago. Their last 3 or 4 albums have Been very good albums. In fact they have 8 releases in the 2000s all pretty consistent. Not this years Inspirations, covers album though, that isn’t so great.

Barnsley's finest.

Thought it was more 2015 or so but this is part one ...not had time to watch it so could be something else...

Just watched that, a really good insight into the World of Rock n Roll. I think Harvey Goldsmith promoted 90% of the gigs I've been to down the years, he did both Pink Floyd shows I saw in 1977 and 1980.

I’m surprised your bike was still there when you got back tbh ;-)

Sounds like a great memory that though. I remember doing loads of ticket + coach trips with Piccadilly Records down to places like the NEC, MK Bowl and even Wembley Arena back in the day.

The guy that ran the ticket agency concession in Piccadilly Records was a childhood friend of my Dad so he would save me tickets for any gig that I requested and I never had to queue for tickets :-)

The guy that ran the ticket agency concession in Piccadilly Records was a childhood friend of my Dad so he would save me tickets for any gig that I requested and I never had to queue for tickets :-)
Tbf I got some decent seats in the front 3 blocks at the NEC from there, so your Dad’s mate must’ve secured a good arrangement on that.

Sat listening to the new Styx album Crash of the crown . IMO peak Styx and their best album since Paradise Theatre.

It is something of a return to form.

Styx peak has to the The Grand Illusion, which is probably one of my 10/10 albums. In fact, there's an obscure reference to Styx in the latest title of the thread. The headline in Sounds on the review by Geoff Barton of Styx's Grand Illusion was Pomp Rock Lives, Run for the Hills.

Have I ever mentioned that I once saw two Styx gigs sandwiched in between four Van Halen gigs? That was the year before Paradise Theater was released.

Tbf I got some decent seats in the front 3 blocks at the NEC from there, so your Dad’s mate must’ve secured a good arrangement on that.

Barry Ancill was his name. Yeah, he was well connected with the promoters. It was actually one of the major concert promoters based in Manchester - Kennedy Street - that put my late father (back) in touch with Barry.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.