Clattenberg..(Crappenberg {merged})

Re: Clattenberg..

hilts said:
Blue Mooner said:
Deluded I don't think so, I just don't swallow what the media tell me.

Happy to debate with you.

Lets take the Blackpool game.

Their disallowed goal. Was their striker in an offisde position and did he make an attempt to go for the ball, had he stood still and not made a move for the ball then the goal would have stood as he didn't then he is rightly flagged for offside. Goal disallowed

As the rules state A player in an offside position is only penalised if, at the moment the ball touches or is played by one of his team, he is, in the opinion of the referee, involved in active play by:
• interfering with play or
• interfering with an opponent or
• gaining an advantage by being in that position

Its quite clear that the Blackpool striker was certainly guilty of two of the above.

Tevez first goal - debateable - his feet (from the replays I saw) were actually behind the player when the ball was played across, his chest was arguably in front but you can see why the linemsan may not have flagged. When in doubt the advantage goes with the attacking player.

Tevez second - the guy clearly tripped himself up yes Tevez was harrying him but the guy was a lump and wasn't expecting someone like Tevez buzzing around him and so tripped over himself.

Those were my honest assesments of the above decisions nothing to do with blue tinted glasses but my view. They were by no means clear cut. Irrespective we would still have beaten blackpool.

As for today. The rule on a sending off actually states:

denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity to an opponent moving towards the player’s goal by an offence punishable by a free kick or a penalty kick

He was the last man but there is no way that Chamakh was denied a clear goalscoring opportunity, he had simply knocked the ball straight into Harts arms. That, along with flagrant challenges for Arsenal not being booked - basically biased refereeing - was an absolute disgrace. But as usual nothing will be said and nothing will happen cos its City.

you are entitled to your opinion even if i disagree, all i am saying is that because we are blues these decisions that some of you think are debateable are more likely to be more clear cut to a neutral, i base my opnions on watching the games not on media hype so that was a low and incorrect statement on your part.

watching the newcastle,blackpool and arsenal games i feel we have no complaints about the decisions and feel we had a lot of luck in two of those games, and as im a blue i would imagine neutrals with no grudge to bear would see things more my way than yours

Fair enough and you make reasonable points. However, I certainly don't think any of the decisions are as clear cut as has been made out in the media, who always seem to stand fairly and squarely with the opposition, without putting forward the alternative view, and I think to say we have been 'lucky' with decisions is wide of the mark.

But these things can very often be subjective even after numerous replays so it's one of those we'll have to agree to disagree on.

Blue Mooner said:
hilts said:
you are entitled to your opinion even if i disagree, all i am saying is that because we are blues these decisions that some of you think are debateable are more likely to be more clear cut to a neutral, i base my opnions on watching the games not on media hype so that was a low and incorrect statement on your part.

watching the newcastle,blackpool and arsenal games i feel we have no complaints about the decisions and feel we had a lot of luck in two of those games, and as im a blue i would imagine neutrals with no grudge to bear would see things more my way than yours

Fair enough and you make reasonable points. However, I certainly don't think any of the decisions are as clear cut as has been made out in the media, who always seem to stand fairly and squarely with the opposition, without putting forward the alternative view, and I think to say we have been 'lucky' with decisions is wide of the mark.

But these things can very often be subjective even after numerous replays so it's one of those we'll have to agree to disagree on.

no problem fella dont mind an opposing view if it is at least well thought out, am quite pleased with the team today and i dont often say that after a 3-0 defeat, think good things will happen for us this year

hertsblue said:
Not his biggest fan and it did seem he had a few quid on at the bookies on number of yellows issued, but cant really blame him for today. It was a sending off, it was a penalty and the linesman was as bad for both sides.

Only error i thought he done today was book Kompany when Song (or sagna) ran into Kompany and he had no chance to get out of the way

No it was not a sending off or a penalty

1_barry_conlon said:
I thought the ref Fabregas had a good game. He got the bookings right as he waved his imaginary cards at the right time.
Yep he got every decision right today, the little cheating **** , no wonder Hughes had a fight with him

If he'd been consistent for both teams then fine; but whilst Barry and Kompany get booked for nothing and Fabregas is allowed to dive on numerous occasions without punishment.

They also hacked us down on every counter and singled out Silva at every opportunity.

We got yellows they got nothing.

Clattenburg shouldn't be refereeing anyway, after his suspension last season.

a joke of a referee and not good enough for a match of this importance

should have been two sendings off - or none.

i genuinely can't stand the ****, but i think he got pretty much everything right today. No complaints here

GStar said:
If he'd been consistent for both teams then fine; but whilst Barry and Kompany get booked for nothing and Fabregas is allowed to dive on numerous occasions without punishment.

They also hacked us down on every counter and singled out Silva at every opportunity.

We got yellows they got nothing.

Clattenburg shouldn't be refereeing anyway, after his suspension last season.

Exactly. Silva and tevez were hacked down at every moment. and when Tevez was running down the wing.. he was last man.. where was ANY card for that matter in the incident?

I can't understand some of the blindness of some people on here, unless they haven't seen the replays.

I said last monday on here that we would lose, have a penalty against us and a red card because he was playing.

However, the vast majority of his decisions today were correct, that's the bottom line. Whether he has previous or whether he had intended to give decisions against us is irrelevant because the ones he did give were correct and the punishments just.

Yes he has been proven to be a liar and a cheat(and probably a match fixer too), however today he reffed very well imo, and got the decisions right, I've seen half a dozen replays on the key incidents and they were right. On a side note, apart from Boyata's red we only had 2 yellows, Arsenal 4, and we only committed 1 more foul, 11 to Arsenal's 10.

I think some people are being really unfair on him, but it's understandable with his reputation that lead, for me anyway, to believe that today would go against us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.