Clattenburg for Saturday

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
noblelord said:
ChicagoBlue said:
Hard to fault him. Let the players play and only booked players for the obvious things he would get slaughtered by PGMOL for if he didn't. There were four or five challenges early on that players sat join the floor looking at him for a sec and he just waved play on, so I think it helped "stamp out" the flopping early on.

Thought he had a good game, even if I'm not a big fan. Credit where credit is due.

Agree. I thought he had a good game and was not bullied by Maureen or the home crowd. On that performance I'd like him to ref more of our games!

We won't get that performance from him again. He has history with Chelsea. I think we were the lesser of 2 evils.
No way, would i want him anywhere near Liverpool away again ;-)
His brief at the end of last season was to keep Suarez on the pitch. Watch the dippers/palace game, Suarez handles the ball near the end of the game deliberately and was already on a yellow. Clattenburg just laughs and lets him get away with it instead of sending off the little cheating degenerate.

es1 said:
Bewar3them00n said:
Thought he had a poor game, very one sided with his bookings, that Silva got booked for a supposed soft cynical foul, but Matic didn't for heavy, aggressive challenge on Silva is bemusing, but isn't Clattenberg the one who waved away one of the most blatant penalty claims for a foul on Silva at the same ground a few years back where we lost 2-1?

So your basing your assessment of a 90 minute game on 2 decisions?

Matic not getting booked I'll agree with but Silvas was a yellow all day long, cynical foul as matic broke away.

Thought he had an excellent game

He had let Silva get away with a few before then too. I thought he'd get booked for the next one and he did. I don't like Clattenberg at all but thought he was excellent on Saturday. He tried to let play go on and was sensible with his cards unlike Dean in the home fixture who seemed intent on ruining what was building to be an exciting contest.

cheddar404 said:
es1 said:
Bewar3them00n said:
Thought he had a poor game, very one sided with his bookings, that Silva got booked for a supposed soft cynical foul, but Matic didn't for heavy, aggressive challenge on Silva is bemusing, but isn't Clattenberg the one who waved away one of the most blatant penalty claims for a foul on Silva at the same ground a few years back where we lost 2-1?

Matic not getting booked I'll agree with but Silvas was a yellow all day long, cynical foul as matic broke away.

He had let Silva get away with a few before then too. I thought he'd get booked for the next one and he did. I don't like Clattenberg at all but thought he was excellent on Saturday. He tried to let play go on and was sensible with his cards unlike Dean in the home fixture who seemed intent on ruining what was building to be an exciting contest.

he should have booked matic no question about that.

Not a perfect performance from Clattenburg for sure, but on the other hand, a damn sight better than we usually have to put up with.

Put it like this, if offered referreeing of that standard for the rest of the season, I would take it.

tonea2003 said:
cheddar404 said:
es1 said:

Yes, he got that one wrong but given that he's not a robot, it was a good performance from him.

cheddar404 said:
tonea2003 said:
cheddar404 said:

Yes, he got that one wrong but given that he's not a robot, it was a good performance from him.

Last time he'll be allowed to ref an important game ;-)

He was just OK. Impartial in the first half but showed tendencies of being a bit of a homer in the second half. Coupled with a couple of iffy offsides, his assistants didn't help him. The big decisions that they invariably get wrong these days didn't occur, so it was an easy game to ref.

Chippy_boy said:
Not a perfect performance from Clattenburg for sure, but on the other hand, a damn sight better than we usually have to put up with.

Put it like this, if offered referreeing of that standard for the rest of the season, I would take it.

In a heart beat.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.