Clattenburg for Saturday

I thought he had a good game other than letting Matic off the hook.

The part I don't get is this trotting over to the sideline for furtive, hand over mouth, exchanges with Mourinho. That is totally unprofessional. I guess it's just a case of the meeting of monumental egos. They are both attention seekers and when they are both involved in a game it's a case of mine is bigger than yours.

Hard to fault him. Let the players play and only booked players for the obvious things he would get slaughtered by PGMOL for if he didn't. There were four or five challenges early on that players sat join the floor looking at him for a sec and he just waved play on, so I think it helped "stamp out" the flopping early on.

Thought he had a good game, even if I'm not a big fan. Credit where credit is due.

Thought he had a poor game, very one sided with his bookings, that Silva got booked for a supposed soft cynical foul, but Matic didn't for heavy, aggressive challenge on Silva is bemusing, but isn't Clattenberg the one who waved away one of the most blatant penalty claims for a foul on Silva at the same ground a few years back where we lost 2-1?

Bewar3them00n said:
Thought he had a poor game, very one sided with his bookings, that Silva got booked for a supposed soft cynical foul, but Matic didn't for heavy, aggressive challenge on Silva is bemusing, but isn't Clattenberg the one who waved away one of the most blatant penalty claims for a foul on Silva at the same ground a few years back where we lost 2-1?

So your basing your assessment of a 90 minute game on 2 decisions?

Matic not getting booked I'll agree with but Silvas was a yellow all day long, cynical foul as matic broke away.

Thought he had an excellent game

Should have sent Moaning one to stands instead of chatting with him on the sideline and explaining decisions ... should have sent him off to stands when he came out of his area and ON to the picth ... should have sent him off when he blasted the ball at Milner deliberately ...

Well, other than that was ok.

Might as well mention the offside against Milner when he wasn't offside, not far from goal.

ChicagoBlue said:
Hard to fault him. Let the players play and only booked players for the obvious things he would get slaughtered by PGMOL for if he didn't. There were four or five challenges early on that players sat join the floor looking at him for a sec and he just waved play on, so I think it helped "stamp out" the flopping early on.

Thought he had a good game, even if I'm not a big fan. Credit where credit is due.

Agree. I thought he had a good game and was not bullied by Maureen or the home crowd. On that performance I'd like him to ref more of our games!

noblelord said:
ChicagoBlue said:

Agree. I thought he had a good game and was not bullied by Maureen or the home crowd. On that performance I'd like him to ref more of our games!

We won't get that performance from him again. He has history with Chelsea. I think we were the lesser of 2 evils.
No way, would i want him anywhere near Liverpool away again ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.