Clattenburg for Saturday

The only significant thing he got wrong was not booking Matic. Otherwise he let the game flow and didn't get sucked in by Chelsea's early attempts to win free kicks. Under other dircumstances he might have sent Mourinho to the stands but that's probably what he wanted so he probably did the right thing.

Be nice if the FA took retrospective action against Mourinho for kicking the ball at Milner but they won't.

cheddar404 said:
tonea2003 said:
cheddar404 said:
He had let Silva get away with a few before then too. I thought he'd get booked for the next one and he did. I don't like Clattenberg at all but thought he was excellent on Saturday. He tried to let play go on and was sensible with his cards unlike Dean in the home fixture who seemed intent on ruining what was building to be an exciting contest.

he should have booked matic no question about that.

Yes, he got that one wrong but given that he's not a robot, it was a good performance from him.

never said it wasn't but that was a glaring omission

As manyy on here I feared Clattenburg would fEck up somehow, as he often does. Imo he simply is not a very good referee and the worst thing about him is he thinks he IS a good referee. One of the best even.

But credit to him, he did a very good job last Sats. Not booking Matic was about the only poor descision I can think of. Both our bookings were correct for that matter. Maybe he does read fans websites before a match. Or afterwards ...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.