Claudio Bravo - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit of a tricky one for us. He’s out of contract next summer, at which point he’ll be 37, but where are we going to find a player as competent a traditional keeper and who is as capable with the ball at his feet, especially when said player is only likely to play second fiddle? That Bravo takes a foreign spot also adds to the problem. I know we have Riesgo, Muric, and Steffen in the wings, but would any of them really have been as accomplished today? If he can stay fit and show that form when called upon, I think he’ll be assured all domestic cup matches.

What is it with our keepers at Wembley? Fantastic performance: Eddy, Willy, Nicky, Joe, hell, even Bert would've been proud.

Bit of a tricky one for us. He’s out of contract next summer, at which point he’ll be 37, but where are we going to find a player as competent a traditional keeper and who is as capable with the ball at his feet, especially when said player is only likely to play second fiddle? That Bravo takes a foreign spot also adds to the problem. I know we have Riesgo, Muric, and Steffen in the wings, but would any of them really have been as accomplished today? If he can stay fit and show that form when called upon, I think he’ll be assured all domestic cup matches.

Oh no, we definitely shouldn't be hanging onto him past this season. He's had a good run, we need to move on.

Oh no, we definitely shouldn't be hanging onto him past this season. He's had a good run, we need to move on.

Don’t get me wrong, I agree, in principle, but move on to what? Ederson is the player that allows us to play the most technically demanding football, and Bravo showed today that he is a highly capable deputy. However, an injury to Ederson next season and we need someone of equal standing who is capable of playing in such environments, and that is what makes the problem such a difficult one to solve.

Don’t get me wrong, I agree, in principle, but move on to what? Ederson is the player that allows us to play the most technically demanding football, and Bravo showed today that he is a highly capable deputy. However, an injury to Ederson next season and we need someone of equal standing who is capable of playing in such environments, and that is what makes the problem such a difficult one to solve.

The US kid Steffen has all the talent in the world as a traditional keeper. I’m not sure how much or how quickly you can learn to play out from the back but...potential is there.

Edit: watching the USMNT that was my main focus and it wasn’t as promising as I would have liked.

The US kid Steffen has all the talent in the world as a traditional keeper. I’m not sure how much or how quickly you can learn to play out from the back but...potential is the there.

I’m sure there’ll be countless contenders and plenty pretenders. We can certainly watch Steffen at Fortuna Düsseldorf this season and Muric at Nottingham Forest , but it probably won’t tell us how either would fare playing our very particular way in the biggest of games.

I’m sure there’ll be countless contenders and plenty pretenders. We can certainly watch Steffen at Fortuna Düsseldorf this season and Muric at Nottingham Forest , but it probably won’t tell us how either would fare playing our very particular way in the biggest of games.

It’s complicated. I’m a huge Bielsa fan and watched about 20 of their games last season. If we’re strictly trying to groom our academy players I’d have tried to send them all to Leeds. That would have been the perfect test.

PEP Everyone made an incredible contribution but @C1audioBravo won the game. He is an incredible second keeper. He saved the game many times today and of course, he had to save the penalty. After what happened (injury), he is not a young guy. I was really impressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.