Claudio Bravo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand the signing of bravo and know why pep wants him and thats good enought for me and if joe cannt improve his kick8ng then also then fair enough.

BUT blightee does raise a good point.....tjat one that bravo lets in there is a gk error...hart saves that everyday and its a point ive made before........are we swapping an better shot stopper in hart for an inferior one in bravo? Harts shot stopping and one on ones are right up there with the very best.....his distribution is poor and thats why pep wont play him...but its a fine balance and we may get a gk who is inferior at stopping the ball going in the back of the net.....????????????
This is falae though. ThT freekick was harder than the one Hart failed to make against Bale. The type of freekick Bravo stops daily. See! You can play that game ad nauseum. You can always find a save able ball every keeper failed to save. But over the long haul the facts suggests Bravo saves more shots per season, has a higher shots stopped to shots taken on against him than Joe. So the idea that Joe is betterat stopping shots is a fallacy. Most who make this claim, watch a lot more of Joe than they do Bravo and assumewjat Joe is doing is unique. The facts suggests it isn't. And in fact Bravo is actually doing similar or better.

I understand the signing of bravo and know why pep wants him and thats good enought for me and if joe cannt improve his kick8ng then also then fair enough.

BUT blightee does raise a good point.....tjat one that bravo lets in there is a gk error...hart saves that everyday and its a point ive made before........are we swapping an better shot stopper in hart for an inferior one in bravo? Harts shot stopping and one on ones are right up there with the very best.....his distribution is poor and thats why pep wont play him...but its a fine balance and we may get a gk who is inferior at stopping the ball going in the back of the net.....????????????
Id be wary of using free kicks as an argument for Hart being the better keeper, Simon. Whilst that one was undoubtedly world class from him I don't think he's covered himself in glory overall from free kicks.
The derby one being a case in point. Nasri rightly gets critiscm but for me Joe was as much at fault. There's been others as well.

To be honest I can't believe there are people who have watched the 3 competitive games (& pre season games) and still believe we don't need a new keeper.

The need for a keeper to be truly comfortable playing out from the back is massive, Claudio Bravo ticks this box along with having all the attributes you would expect a traditional keeper to have. People using that free-kick at the weekend as 'evidence' and the churning out Joe's Payet save is a bit laughable, almost as if they don't believe keepers make mistakes (if it even was a mistake), Joe is certainly no exception to that rule.

I'm also in the camp of wanting all of this over and done with now, Joe has served us well and we can acknowledge that. He's not in the managers plans and its obvious to see why but us fans will still remember his great moments which helped our club. However, at every top club, there is always a point where the squad needs turning over, this is just the start but as fans I think we'll be safe in trusting that the best manager in the world knows what he's doing.

anybody who thinks bravo can only kick a ball are fucking idiots , he is a seasoned international and he plays for Barcelona, get a fucking grip.

as much as I like/loved joe hart our manager has decided hart isn't for us and if and when he leaves then good luck but I hope you have a mare against us.i don't give a fuck who gets replaced as long as the new players are better at the job ,

Oh i get all that....but at some point..esp against the top teams whether in the prem or champs league teams are going to grt in in goal and have shots. I dont think the "evidence" of fewer shots already should be used esp when playing sunderland and stoke

I happy with bravo but im hust pointing out that on shor stopping he may not be as good and at the very too one shot is sometimes enough...i know that hart to makes errors so i guess we will have to wait and see

Will Bravo have a chance of saving any of these in big games, do you think ?

It's dead easy to single out moments where a keeper 'could do better'. If that's how you choose to look at it.

For anyone who hasn't seen Bravo play his distribution is on a different planet compared to Hart & Cabellero. Yes he will make mistakes & every error will be scrutinized by the media & people on here but his passing game will be essential to how the team play.

Have you decided that Bravo is the worse shot stopper based on the one single clip? Should we also post a mistake of Hart to even things out?

I thought we'd seen the stats that his shots per goal ratio is miles better than Hart's.

And as a fan, Joe doesn't save ANYTHING every day of the week, not even last week.

To add, I hope Gunn is on the bench on Wed just to kil this off forever.
Think you'll get your wish Nev. Pep must have been impressed with what he's seen of Gunn so far (Hence the about turn on Ruli)
Just wish the lad would stop using all his free time, pissing about, trying to get a job as a David DeGea tribute act, and shave that bloody daft "beard" off

anybody who thinks bravo can only kick a ball are fucking idiots , he is a seasoned international and he plays for Barcelona, get a fucking grip.

THIS. People are making it sound like we have someone who plays in the 3rd tier of Spanish football. He has won two Copa Americas while captaining Chile and also plays every league game for Barcelona (not Barcelona B).

If we want to point out 1 mistake then for that you need to see his save from the Aguero header the Copa final this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.