Claudio Bravo

Status
Not open for further replies.
First signing in a while that significantly improves a specific position in the team. Just need to get rid of some deadwood (Hart, Mangala, Toure, Nasri, Bony) and it's been a very productive transfer window.
Stones is the first centre back we have bought since 2008 where I truly believe we have got our money's worth. If you don't feel Gundogan is a significant improvement on centre midfield you simply don't know football! I also believe that sterling and De Bruyne significantly improved us last year although Manuel messed it up a bit with Raheem.

I understand the signing of bravo and know why pep wants him and thats good enought for me and if joe cannt improve his kick8ng then also then fair enough.

BUT blightee does raise a good point.....tjat one that bravo lets in there is a gk error...hart saves that everyday and its a point ive made before........are we swapping an better shot stopper in hart for an inferior one in bravo? Harts shot stopping and one on ones are right up there with the very best.....his distribution is poor and thats why pep wont play him...but its a fine balance and we may get a gk who is inferior at stopping the ball going in the back of the net.....????????????
I'm surprised by this given a normally find that you're a poster that generally has a good understanding of the game and tactics.

Stones is the first centre back we have bought since 2008 where I truly believe we have got our money's worth. If you don't feel Gundogan is a significant improvement on centre midfield you simply don't know football! I also believe that sterling and De Bruyne significantly improved us last year although Manuel messed it up a bit with Raheem.
Gundogan will suprise many that don't watch football outside the PL. words can't even describe his talent.

The whole point of this though, is that Pep doesn't want other teams having shots for our keeper to save, and his idea is to prevent them, is by NOT giving away possession in the first place, so shot stopping is not as important as distribution.

I don't understand why people can't get their heads around this idea, and the (albeit limited) evidence so far, is that we are already having fewer shots against us, and this with a keeper who isn't the best at playing it out from the back, and a defence that isn't yet used to it.
Didn't Bravo also make more saves per match than Joe last year, and by nearly an additional save per game.

Bravo will be a fantastic addition. At the moment if I was managing a team about to play City I'd be tactically concentrating on putting pressure on when the keeper had the ball, or forcing the centre backs to play to the keeper and then closing him down. You know by doing that you might create chances because Caballero isn't comfortable yet in playing out from the back. With Bravo in the side the opposition can't employ that tactic as he'll ping it 30 yards to feet (more often than not) and we'll be straight at them. It's a hugely important position and though in shot stopping terms it's debatable as to who is better between him and Hart that's actually less important to Pep than ability on the ball which makes the whole team tick.

I can't wait to see City in full flow. Sane and Gundogan are still to come in and Gundogan is probably the most complete central midfielder in the league technically so what an addition he'll be. Then you've the likes of Gabriel Jesus who looks so exciting and will no doubt be a great asset when he joins up with City in Jan.

I thought we'd seen the stats that his shots per goal ratio is miles better than Hart's.

And as a fan, Joe doesn't save ANYTHING every day of the week, not even last week.

To add, I hope Gunn is on the bench on Wed just to kil this off forever.

Even though im in 99% agreemrnt with you your over eagerness in the last sentance could suggest you just want to be proved right even at the expense of actually not being...ill leave it there as i support the purchase of bravo as i completely understand why we are going after him. Im just debating the shot stoppibg part and ive even in another post pointed out i know hart has other faults in this area to and isnt perfect.

Also cabelleros kicking is dodgy...i think even pep sees this hence why he is after a new no.1 as he doesnt rate either of them in this department enough but rates willy better thsn joe at kicking

Best case scenario wpuld be that we get bravo sell cabellero as joe decides to fight for his place and tries to unprove his distribution....but unfortunately i cannr see tjat happening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.