Claudio Bravo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair point mate, but there's probably a fair bit of naivety in Europe about the physicality of the PL.

Champions & Europa Leagues, there is no naivety there.

Not sure you're saying anything less than what I alluded to earlier, it's been more than a decade of Barcelona's influence in the game. The myth of ball playing defenders, short attackers & midfielders who lacked the brute strength of quasi rugby styled footballers on a wet night in Stoke?

Come on, it's 2016. You do realize Kun was panned when he arrived in the Premiership despite anyone following the Primera knowing full well his quality. The Premiership is now littered with players of this style.

And Bravo needs to bulk up and hit the gym? Like I said, let's revisit in 6 months or so

Champions & Europa Leagues, there is no naivety there.

Not sure you're saying anything less than what I alluded to earlier, it's been more than a decade of Barcelona's influence in the game. The myth of ball playing defenders, short attackers & midfielders who lacked the brute strength of quasi rugby styled footballers on a wet night in Stoke?

Come on, it's 2016. You do realize Kun was panned when he arrived in the Premiership despite anyone following the Primera knowing full well his quality. The Premiership is now littered with players of this style.

And Bravo needs to bulk up and hit the gym? Like I said, let's revisit in 6 months or so
+1

I expect that Bravo will be the top keeper in the PL- eclipsing the excellent de Gea, Courtios, LLoris and Cech.

I can't believe Everton, Liverpool or Arsenal aren't desperate to get Joe!
I think it's a win win if we loan him to Sevilla, he'll have a very good season & come back worth more... (Possibly coming back being able to play the sweeper keeper role after a year in Spain)
Really hope we get bravo signed soon!

Oh come on. If he was gonna be playing keeper in Sunday league like I did for a decade I'd agree. But to say the premier league is physical for keepers is 20 years out of date.

Forwards can't touch them.

Wait, so you're saying there's no difference in physicality between La Liga and the Premier League? I'm not sure if you're taking the piss or not?

Bravo is a more complete keeper than anyone in the league right now. And to be honest, after watching that performance against Steaua I couldn't help but see why he's so important to Pep's style. The final piece of the puzzle IMO.

the physicality on the keepers is no different

I disagree.

Look at the difference physically between De Gea physically when he first arrived to a couple of years later. He improved his technique no doubt, but the physical chance was huge.

At first he used to get bullied physically, he was lightweight and came out flapping at things. Now he's solid, he can dominate his box.

I disagree.

Look at the difference physically between De Gea physically when he first arrived to a couple of years later. He improved his technique no doubt, but the physical chance was huge.

At first he used to get bullied physically, he was lightweight and came out flapping at things. Now he's solid, he can dominate his box.

Big difference between a kid and a grown man with bags of experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.