Clichy Injured

Thenumber1blue said:
HOLMSLICE said:
M24-CRC said:
LOL........very true

Kolarov has proven time and time again he is good enough........why the panic

Oh he has indeed, with his incessant ability to fuck up even the most simplistic defensive situation. Kolorov is a bloody woeful player who embarassingly cost us £19 million. He shouldn't be near the team if Clichy is anywhere near fit.
That's embarrassing !
well said..........how anyone can describe Kolarov as a 'woeful' player just shows how much they know about football.........stick to playing fifa on your x-box thingy

Alright with Kolarov in a 3-5-2. More nervous in a flat back 4. Like everyone else I think he'll start Maicon against Madrid, possibly Stoke as well.

K-Bo said:
Alright with Kolarov in a 3-5-2. More nervous in a flat back 4. Like everyone else I think he'll start Maicon against Madrid, possibly Stoke as well.
Playing a flat back four against Madrid is suicide no matter who your fullbacks are.

We'll get fucking hammered if we risk the 3-5-2 against Madrid. I wouldn't put it past him to do it, but I think it would be a huge mistake. They'd murder us, running at us on the flanks.

I hope I'm wrong but I've got a feeling both these things will happen. Gulp.

Well then what do you suggest as it appears Madrid will hammer us despite either formation?

taconinja said:
K-Bo said:
Playing a flat back four against Madrid is suicide no matter who your fullbacks are.

Agree, but at the same time we don't have the 3-5-2 nailed down yet. I can easily picture a 4-5-1 with lone front man Tevez and a packed midfield too. But Who knows. I think we'll get beat tbh, but I also think it's not that big a deal. We'll give them a game at the etihad, and it's more important to handle Ajax and Dortmund IMO.

So four at the back is suicide, but three at the back makes us more solid. Football forum logic if ever I've heard it.

You'll all get wise to this 3-5-2 soon enough if he keeps using it against decent teams. We haven't got the personnel and it leaves us too exposed to pace and runners.

I hope the Anfield game taught Mancini a lesson.

4-2-3-1 should be the MAdrid formation. With Ya Ya in the advanced midfield role and Clichy and Maicon (in Richards's absense) as fullbacks. That's our most solid formation.

Didsbury Dave said:
So four at the back is suicide, but three at the back makes us more solid. Football forum logic if ever I've heard it.

You'll all get wise to this 3-5-2 soon enough if he keeps using it against decent teams. We haven't got the personnel and it leaves us too exposed to pace and runners.

4-2-3-1 should be the MAdrid formation. With Ya Ya in the advanced midfield role and Clichy and Maicon (in Richards's absense) as fullbacks. That's our most solid formation.

Agree with this, with Zaba and Sergio doubts i would go with this
..........................Hart
Maicon.....Komps.........Lescott........Clichy

..............Garcia.........Barry/Rodwell

...Nasri.............Toure.........Silva

.....................Tevez

Didsbury Dave said:

Doesn't take into account Madrid's strengths though, that many players in the centre means party for Ronaldo on the wings with only the fullback to deal with, and while I don't think we should park the bus, I also don't think we're good enough to just play how like at the bernabeu.

People always talk about Yaya in the advance midfield role, but Mancini seems reluctant to completely release him in that way, don't see why he'd start now. Maybe he will play the 4-2-3-1 and if we play out of our skins we can win with it, but the way we're defending at the moment, I'd like more cover for the defence against Madrid

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.