Climate Change is here and man made

It's all so depressing. We're worse than a fucking plague of locusts. I feel sorry for my little one. What future has she got :(
A very, very bright one indeed. The world will be immeasurably better for her than it has been for you and me, so you should be excited for her.

Do you HONESTLY think that life in the UK will become intolerable for her because of climate change over the next 80 years or so? Of course the UK will be barely different, other than the weather might be a bit nicer.

And in other areas, she'll have a much better standard of living, unimaginably better healthcare and improved life-expectancy. Far better outlook for anyone unfortunate to get cancer etc. Reduced working ours, more disposable income. Gadgets like you would not believe. Real AI and robots etc etc.

I could go on and on. She'll look back at your life and mine and think "the poor sods - did they REALLY have to put up with THAT".

Is that for a geothermal heat pump?
I was talking to my neighbour today (I lent him my petrol hedge trimmer :o). He's just got a quote for £11500 for a geothermal pump with installation and he's got a big house.
I can go and buy an air-water pump for £5000 today, or an air-air for £1100 in Sweden that will heat a 130m2 house in winter.

Don’t forget to budget for bigger radiators and lots of insulation.

Some fantastic views in here.
Electric cars are not the answer. Apparently we need to open lots new mines and older ones to mine the tin and lithium the batteries need.
We will need lots of new power stations which even constructing these will be a massive polluting event before they even come online.
There is no easy fix and the biggest polluting industry is shipping
Alas at the end of the day the problem is there's to many of us unless we willing to tackle our world wide population explosion, I fear what ever we do will be pointless and just delaying a catastrophe.

A very, very bright one indeed. The world will be immeasurably better for her than it has been for you and me, so you should be excited for her.

Do you HONESTLY think that life in the UK will become intolerable for her because of climate change over the next 80 years or so? Of course the UK will be barely different, other than the weather might be a bit nicer.

And in other areas, she'll have a much better standard of living, unimaginably better healthcare and improved life-expectancy. Far better outlook for anyone unfortunate to get cancer etc. Reduced working ours, more disposable income. Gadgets like you would not believe. Real AI and robots etc etc.

I could go on and on. She'll look back at your life and mine and think "the poor sods - did they REALLY have to put up with THAT".

better weather? Seriously? More intense heatwaves, wetter winters and more intense storms year round.

And if/when the Atlantic current stream gets hit ( it’s already slowing ) all bets are off for our weather. Could end up with Moscow level winters. London is on the same latitude as Moscow and is only kept warm by the current moving warm water from the south.

nothing unmanageable but not better.

Last edited:

Sorry mate, but this is just absolute nonsense.

Children over the next 80-100 years are looking at massive reductions in biodiversity, more extreme weather and generally a poorer standard of living. Nearly every single scientist and report suggests that quality of life is actually going to reduce.

You know there are billions of people in some of the worlds third world countries that are going to become climate refugees - they are all going to need to go somewhere. That then puts further strain on other countries.

We are on a highway to hell my friends and only ourselves and leaders to blame.

For me the answer now is you either want to be on the right side of history or wrong. Theres no room anymore for people who are not with the program.

Exxon was aware of climate change, as early as 1977, 11 years before it became a public issue, according to a recent investigation from InsideClimate News. This knowledge did not prevent the company (now ExxonMobil and the world’s largest oil and gas company) from spending decades refusing to publicly acknowledge climate change and even promoting climate misinformation—an approach many have likened to the lies spread by the tobacco industry regarding the health risks of smoking. Both industries were conscious that their products wouldn’t stay profitable once the world understood the risks, so much so that they used the same consultants to develop strategies on how to communicate with the public.

Continues…

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.