Climate Change is here and man made

Damocles said:
blueinsa said:
Damocles said:
Nothing depresses me more for the future of humanity than reading a thread about a scientific phenomena commented on by people who haven't read the science nor understand it.

A future in politics awaits my friend...

...you can be in charge of climate affairs with full powers on taxation.

And you can be in charge of nothing because you're an imbecile. Actually go out and read the scientific literature about this. Don't sit there sniping about some conspiracy bullshit, go and read the papers written by the guys on the groun collating the data. Not just climatologists, but geologists, biologists, physicists, chemists, etc.

If you aren't willing to do that, how's about you shut your mouth lest more people think you've the knowledge of a small potted plant.

-- Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:52 pm --

squirtyflower said:
Damocles said:
That's not true. I'm not sure you quite get how much road and air pollution contributes to the effect.

More to the point, this is like saying "well, we didn't find the murderer at the scene so we should give up". Any saving at all is vital.
how much taxation raised is actually used to improve our carbon footprint?

I don't know. I don't really care either, it has nothing to do with the point of climate change. I can't control what governments do. I can read science however. And the science here is overwhelmingly clear.
The science still doesn't know if we as a species would be in net gain it loss with climate change anyway so why spend money trying to change it?

SWP's back said:
scarjo_popcorn.gif
She actually brushes her own breast.

It's quite nice, in a way.

cant climate change just be summed up by the old forest gump phrase "shit happens" im sure the climate has the potential to change for all sorts of reasons. no matter how much you study something or how many degrees you have doesn't mean your not talking shit

Damocles said:
blueinsa said:
Damocles said:
Nothing depresses me more for the future of humanity than reading a thread about a scientific phenomena commented on by people who haven't read the science nor understand it.

A future in politics awaits my friend...

...you can be in charge of climate affairs with full powers on taxation.

And you can be in charge of nothing because you're an imbecile. Actually go out and read the scientific literature about this. Don't sit there sniping about some conspiracy bullshit, go and read the papers written by the guys on the groun collating the data. Not just climatologists, but geologists, biologists, physicists, chemists, etc.

If you aren't willing to do that, how's about you shut your mouth lest more people think you've the knowledge of a small potted plant.

-- Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:52 pm --

squirtyflower said:
Damocles said:
That's not true. I'm not sure you quite get how much road and air pollution contributes to the effect.

More to the point, this is like saying "well, we didn't find the murderer at the scene so we should give up". Any saving at all is vital.
how much taxation raised is actually used to improve our carbon footprint?

I don't know. I don't really care either, it has nothing to do with the point of climate change. I can't control what governments do. I can read science however. And the science here is overwhelmingly clear.

Well said that man

slicky202 said:
cant climate change just be summed up by the old forest gump phrase "shit happens" im sure the climate has the potential to change for all sorts of reasons. no matter how much you study something or how many degrees you have doesn't mean your not talking shit

Fucking hell.

Do you actually understand the repercussions of even the most conservative models of climate change over the next 50 years?

What I would like to know is what all this money that we're paying 'extra' (tax on petrol, increased energy bills, air fare etc) is going on? Shouldn't it be going towards research and development into energy saving and greener ways of producing energy?... Not seen much other than wind farms...

Sorry just remembered we have greedy businessmen and politicians running the show shoving wods of cash in they're back pockets!

http://www.skepticalscience.com/ice-age-predictions-in-1970s-intermediate.htm

So global cooling predictions in the 70s amounted to media and a handful of peer reviewed studies. The small number of papers predicting cooling were outweighed by a much greater number of papers predicting global warming due to the warming effect of rising CO2. Today, an avalanche of peer reviewed studies and overwhelming scientific consensus endorse man-made global warming. To compare cooling predictions in the 70s to the current situation is both inappropriate and misleading. Additionally, we reduced the SO2 emissions which were causing global cooling. The question remains whether we will reduce the CO2 emissions causing global warming.

In fact only 6 papers ever predicted global cooling versus 42 that predicted global warming but the sheeple believed what the media told them to believe.

Damocles said:
SWP's back said:
Damocles said:
I actually read the science here and know researchers in this field, not randomly pick up the odd idea off of daft websites

You don't know what you're talking about. Absolutely every Earth science states that this is happening as does over 90% of scientists studying the pheonomena. There is absolutely no doubt over this.

I could go into long reasonings pointing to studies and explaining what it all means but I get the idea that you don't care and this thread is an attempt at trolling
You only say that as you get paid by the man to say so, just so they can tax us.

You should be ashamed. I imagine you would be but for the fact you know Niribu will wipe us out this week.

You see, as a mod, I'm never sure what to do about these threads. It's Poe's Law. It's impossible to tell between some extreme opinions and satire, so if we did pull the thread as a troll thread, some would call us out for "pulling threads on alternative opinions" but if we don't pull it, the forum has another thread causing trouble. I thought the same about PDs thread saying that atheists shouldn't use RIP and a few of JOTLs threads. I'm never sure what's best here

If in doubt, leave it Damo. The previous thread of mine was a quiet joke but with a serious point.

As long as people are respectful, there's no problem.

I'm with you on this subject.<br /><br />-- Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:13 pm --<br /><br />
Damocles said:
slicky202 said:

Fucking hell.

Do you actually understand the repercussions of even the most conservative models of climate change over the next 50 years?

I blame the Cows and people eating Curry for all that methane.

So lets sum this thread up:
If you think climate change is made up by Governments to increase taxes you are a stupid idiot who is trolling and have the brains of a potted plant, you know nothing, read nothing and amount to nothing.
If you think climate change will destroy the world you are a Mod and therefore can abuse people at will without the risk of getting banned.

Have I summed it up prety well ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.