Clive Allen

nicko

Great to see Erling match the league goal total of Allen. One of my favourite City players ever (hated how Reid treated him). He always has good words for us and was a legendary number 9.
He scored 49 goals in 1987 and that’s how many Haaland has now too!!
He will will surpass him and everyone else. What times to be a blue!!

Great to see Erling match the league goal total of Allen. One of my favourite City players ever (hated how Reid treated him). He always has good words for us and was a legendary number 9.
Waa amazed when we signed him from Bordeaux back then. Agree, didn't get given the chance by Reid to play as often as he should. Will never forget that goal against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge

He became a better player with every game he didn’t play at City.

I’ve nothing against him. Seems a decent enough bloke. But he was one of those strikers, Tony Cottee was another in that era, who always gave me the impression they’d rather score in a defeat than not score in a victory.

I’ve nothing against him. Seems a decent enough bloke. But he was one of those strikers, Tony Cottee was another in that era, who always gave me the impression they’d rather score in a defeat than not score in a victory.

He was better than Heath , it might be right what you are saying , but Adrian Heath was the first Paul Dickov

Yeah, 49 a bit of a magic number in my head for that reason too. Had an 87 yearbook with him on the front cover.

We all have different views but I think that’s utter bollocks. I met him a few times and he loved playing and scoring for City, which is probably why HE always has a good word for City to this day

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.