Clocks go back sunday october 27th (Europe)

hmmm - doesn't it mean sunset is earlier??
It was introduced as day light saving for to benefit agriculture so removing it would be detrimental I presume.

At present I suspect most kids get to travel to and from school in some sort of light in the middle of winter too.

No; he was right. Where, for example, it starts getting dark at 5pm today, it starts at 4pm tomorrow. But it gets bright earlier in the morning. But very few kids walk home now, and certainly not alone.

You might be surprised. Depends on the area obviously. But I have a child in Year 6 ( final year of juniors ) and I’d guess around 50% of her class make their own way to and from school. Even last year quite a few of them did.

But even in High School, when they virtually all go on their own, I wouldn’t like the idea of them coming out of school in darkness. Particularly the younger ones, 11 and 12.

Had this effing manflu all week so brain is scrambled - earlier when I parked my car I thought " get ahead of the game and adjust the clock for the next 6 months" - so I moved it forward an hour. Wife has just said " daft **** should be back an hour" so now I am 2 hours out when I go in the car tomorrow ............. brain is fucked

You might be surprised. Depends on the area obviously. But I have a child in Year 6 ( final year of juniors ) and I’d guess around 50% of her class make their own way to and from school. Even last year quite a few of them did.

But even in High School, when they virtually all go on their own, I wouldn’t like the idea of them coming out of school in darkness. Particularly the younger ones, 11 and 12.
No "might" about it, I am surprised.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.