Clocks go back sunday october 27th (Europe)

I finish work at 5. I reckon that come tuesday evening (bank holiday over here on monday), if it's a clear evening,I'll have maybe half an hour of daylight.

It's the worst bit about winter, most will go to work when it's dark and come home when it's dark. Mentally that just isn't good for people.

I'm lucky that I work from home, so make sure I spend my dinner hour outside, exercising etc... whilst it's light.

I'd love for them to just trial having daylight later in the day during the worst parts of winter.

It's the worst bit about winter, most will go to work when it's dark and come home when it's dark. Mentally that just isn't good for people.

I'm lucky that I work from home, so make sure I spend my dinner hour outside, exercising etc... whilst it's light.

I'd love for them to just trial having daylight later in the day during the worst parts of winter.
Agreed

Spot on. They should just leave it at BST all year round. As I said earlier in the thread, I see no benefit in changing the time now, then changing it back at the end of march.

Spot on. They should just leave it at BST all year round. As I said earlier in the thread, I see no benefit in changing the time now, then changing it back at the end of march.
It's a bit of excitement twice a year Jim.

We remain a largely agricultural country too so the farmers UIm sure appreciate the extra light at the end of the day rather than the start.

It's a bit of excitement twice a year Jim.

We remain a largely agricultural country too so the farmers UIm sure appreciate the extra light at the end of the day rather than the start.
hmmm - doesn't it mean sunset is earlier??

Wouldn’t it be pitch black when the schools are kicking out at 3.30 if we didn’t change them?

Or is it the other way round? Can never quite get my head around which way it works.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.