Club Badge (merged)

The 3 rivers running through Manchester City centre, the Irk, Medlock and Irwell. Features on the Manchester City Council coat of arms, the old City badge, the old United badge and the Current FC United badge.

For me, the rose, although it looks good, is completely irrelevant to modern Manchester. Also, City draw a fair portion of support from area of Greater Manchester which have never been part of Lancs, such as Hyde and Stockport.
Thanks - should have done my research - embarrasing not knowing that ;-(

In that case - the rivers it is - does it have to be maroon though - awaits next lesson.

Apologies for the plagiary and for the poor attempt in general. Just wanted to get the concept out there for the birdie!

21bera.jpg

2my0zy9.jpg
Is the daft bird having a number two there?

I prefer we say we're formed 1880 as St.Marks is essentially how we started, I don't think a name change should determine when an organisation has started - the club always uses 1894 though.

that shouldnt have anything to do with it imo, its manchester and that should be relevant, nothing to do with stockport or salford or places like that

I agree. That's why I don't understand why people want the red rose. Even if Manchester was in Lancashire (it's not), the club represent the City, not a county, and the badge should reflect that. If people are insisting of having county symbols on the new badge, then the only ones that should be considered are the castles of Gtr Mcr, unless we're moving grounds to Deepdale

1875 - 1910
1880 St Mark’s Church forms a football team which would later evolve into MCFC.

1884 The first known ‘City shirt’ is created – in black, with a Maltese-style cross. Some say this is because of the club’s strong links with Freemasonry in the 1880s, others believe the white cross proves the link with St Mark’s was still strong.

1887 St Mark’s team evolves into Ardwick AFC and moves to Hyde Road.

1889 An explosion at the nearby Hyde Road coal mine results in the death of 23 miners – Ardwick and Newton Heath play a friendly match under floodlights in aid of the disaster fund.

1892 The second division of the English Football League is created, with Ardwick AFC as founder members.

1894 Ardwick AFC reforms as Manchester City Football Club, in a bid to represent the whole city.

1889 City finish champions of Division Two, becoming the first team to gain automatic promotion.

1904 The Blues beat Bolton Wanderers in the FA Cup final at Crystal Palace, becoming the first Manchester side to win a major trophy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.