Club Badge (merged)

alstcl.jpg

I'll be gutted if we lose the current badge. We've had it nearly 20 years now and made some great (and rubbish) memories with it. Why do so many want to see us redesigned to fit in with New York?

It's nothing to do with fitting in with NY. I think most people just want the old badge(or something similar) back. I've never taken to the new badge.

I'll be gutted if we lose the current badge. We've had it nearly 20 years now and made some great (and rubbish) memories with it. Why do so many want to see us redesigned to fit in with New York?
How many Enlgish clubs have kept the same badge without a rebrand drive or modernising decade after decade?

It doesn't happen.

Lettering ages and goes out of fashion, people get bored of seeing the same thing, and people find out that certain things have been associated with our biggest rival or don't mean what we think.

Modernisation brings in less clutter, cleaner badges, sleeker lettering, and ditching the bollocks.

Plus a rebrand can be a thing to get excited about.

For me as well a badge change is less of a change than changing the colour of the shorts. We'll look more different on the pitch this season with white shorts and white trim than if we'd kept last season's kit and just changed the badge. And people get used to new kits in no time.

Seen a few rumours today circulating about the possibility of us going back to our old badge.

Find it rather unbelievable considering the amount of new investment we've had which has embraced the new eagle badge, add to this Mansours interest in the bird

Sheikh-Mansour-Manchester-City-owner-2004_2364075.jpg

But yea from a good few sources we may be either going back to the old circular badge or having a new badge designed thats also circular (to correlate with other CFG clubs)

We'll wait and see. The main source is reliable though.

Seen a few rumours today circulating about the possibility of us going back to our old badge.

Find it rather unbelievable considering the amount of new investment we've had which has embraced the new eagle badge, add to this Mansours interest in the bird

But yea from a good few sources we may be either going back to the old circular badge or having a new badge designed thats also circular (to correlate with other CFG clubs)

Let's hope it's right. Be great to go back to the old badge.

Please be the old badge

please be the old badge !

The best thing about the new badge is its association with memories of the crazy past 15+ years. But as said many times, it is a bit of a shambles from a design standpoint. A graphic designed namer P3te from Villa Talk told me as much.

They obviously aren't going to exactly the old badge, as it cannot be protected via IP laws. But maybe something incorporating elements of the old and new.

At least make it circular. Not to comport with the CFG clubs as much as to eliminate the stupid Nike shield that is apparently a necessary evil with its present shape. I feel like young lads and lasses just learning the game may start mentally associating that dreadful shield with our branding because we are now 3 years and counting with it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.