Club Badge (merged)

q1J1lOy2.png

CRbskLfWsAAWreO.jpg:large

I think a big reason for the want and need for a badge change is because so many people have never liked the eagle and other aspects.

The daft stars that mean nothing, the ridiculous eagle sticking its tongue out from United's 1958 FA Cup final kit, and the stupid Latin that doesn't mean what we think it does when we've naturally developed our own motto in recent years ("we fight to the end").

All three things were thrown on is with absolutely no consultation or vote or owt. Many people have never liked any of them (granted many people have) but I think the question of "can we change our badge" has always been there because so many people hated those things and wanted to get rid of them.

I think a big reason for the want and need for a badge change is because so many people have never liked the eagle and other aspects.

The daft stars that mean nothing, the ridiculous eagle sticking its tongue out from United's 1958 FA Cup final kit, and the stupid Latin that doesn't mean what we think it does when we've naturally developed our own motto in recent years ("we fight to the end").

All three things were thrown on is with absolutely no consultation or vote or owt. Many people have never liked any of them (granted many people have) but I think the question of "can we change our badge" has always been there because so many people hated those things and wanted to get rid of them.

I agree with all of that

Then why are you bothering to mention the round badge from 68 if you do not want the old badge back? I am well aware we have won the league title 4 time but as I said it will be 3 Premierships in May next year. Christ people do like to argue on this sight.
I haven't once mentioned wanting the 68 badge back because I don't. My original point was aimed at your ludicrous suggestion that we keep the stars to signify our third Premier league win, completely ignoring our previous two titles and not considering that we might win it again.

You seem very touchy. However, me pointing out the obvious flaws in your posts does not constitute an argument. You may well be the only person on the thread who has said they like the stars. Fair enough. To keep them in order to mark our Premier league wins though would be pathetic.

The neighbours first, sadly they share the ship with us and the name Manchester. It also avoids mediocrity. As a global brand, you need something iconic and thats our eagle. Pains me to say it but the devil did and continues to do a lot for them in terms of brand. Fucking hate sarcasm by the way!
You can hate sarcasm all you want but if me pointing out that an eagle on our badge wouldn't set us apart from numerous other clubs with eagles upsets you then you might want to reconsider this forum lark.

That's true for a lot of people especially older fans, but I think quite a few including my son didn't mind the Eagle or stars while we had Umbro kits. In his case it's only since we started having the badge on a shield he's gone off it preferring a round badge. That said if the Eagle was incorporated into a round badge he'd be quite happy.

I think the stars are such an issue with some because fans of other clubs try to use it as a stick to beat us with. I may be wrong but when we released the new badge in the 90's, apart from Brazil, I don't remember many clubs or nations using stars to signify cup wins.

Not that it matters anyway as couldn't care less what fans of other clubs think, all that bothers me is that it doesn't signify or represent anything. If you do make it relevant to something such as cup wins or titles then we'd have to change the badge as we become even more successful, I imagine a shirt of just stars in a few years time the way we are going!!

So for me a badge that represents something is important, but interestingly I've just read the "three rivers" on Mcr coat of arms aren't anything to do with rivers at all, but was Roger de Grelley's family crest "Gules three bendlets enhanced or" which simply translates as red shield three diagonal stripes in gold".

Looks like I need to go to one of Gary's lectures!

http://www.manchester.gov.uk/info/4...anchester_city_council_crest_in_to_the_future

That's true for a lot of people especially older fans, but I think quite a few including my son didn't mind the Eagle or stars while we had Umbro kits. In his case it's only since we started having the badge on a shield he's gone off it preferring a round badge. That said if the Eagle was incorporated into a round badge he'd be quite happy.

one can argue that all the elements on the badges don't have a place in the evolving City now ... some can argue the rose, ship, st. marks are outdated. the stars, eagle, bees have no relevance to City as a football club ... so some can argue we need a complete new and fresh identity going forward.

personally, i dont know what I want now ... and starting to care less now. Just change it to whatever and move on, some will be happy, some wont, its the outcome we face, i think.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.