Club Badge (merged)

I'd really like to stress that it's important to understand every element of the badges City have had and would urge everyone to book on one of my lectures and/or visit the consultation space. We did the first last night and I was amazed at the number of people who said that their views had changed once they'd listened to the badge evolution and seen images showing the use of ALL of our badges. For example the original (pre Red Rose) badge was worn on the pitch at Wembley in 1970 (come to the talks to find out more and to see the evidence) and it was prominent at the ECWC final of 1970, FAC final of 1969 and during City's 1967-68 title winning season. I'll explain all at the talks and will answer questions etc there.

This is a great opportunity City are giving us, so please come to the talks, see the evidence, ask questions and then spread the word of which elements matter to you. More details on the talks here http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/2015/October/Badge-Consultation.

If you came to the talk then please feel free to add your comments on whether you gained anything or not. Cheers

(On the eagle - City do share that with Utd, in fact they wore it first!)

Can one of these lectures be recorded please so the rest of us that can't make it watch, learn and understand the subject better.

one can argue that all the elements on the badges don't have a place in the evolving City now ... some can argue the rose, ship, st. marks are outdated. the stars, eagle, bees have no relevance to City as a football club ... so some can argue we need a complete new and fresh identity going forward.

personally, i dont know what I want now ... and starting to care less now. Just change it to whatever and move on, some will be happy, some wont, its the outcome we face, i think.
apathy
ˈapəθi/
noun
  1. lack of interest, enthusiasm, or concern.
    "widespread apathy among students"
    synonyms: indifference, lack of interest, lack of enthusiasm, lack of concern,unconcern, uninterestedness, unresponsiveness, impassivity, passivity,passiveness, detachment, dispassion, dispassionateness, lack of involvement, phlegm, coolness; More

apathy
ˈapəθi/
noun
  1. lack of interest, enthusiasm, or concern.
    "widespread apathy among students"
    synonyms: indifference, lack of interest, lack of enthusiasm, lack of concern,unconcern, uninterestedness, unresponsiveness, impassivity, passivity,passiveness, detachment, dispassion, dispassionateness, lack of involvement, phlegm, coolness; More

a City fan said to me yeesterday... "we need something like the Arsenal badge" .... i gave up all hope after that!!

I'd hate for us to have something like the current Arsenal badge. The font's all weird and too modern, the bloody cannon was flipped, the shield is all swollen and embarassing, the field (background) of the shield is two different colours for no apparent reason, plus it all looks too much like a modern corporate logo or something out of MLS. I'm bloody glad we're thinking ours through before we commit to a new badge. You have to look at it thinking what will this look like 20, 50 or even 100 years from now.

Booked a spot for the Badge Lecture for OSC members on Saturday.
I would urge others to attend as @Gary James was one of the best guests we've ever had at our Branch meeting (Bury Blues)
The guy know's his onions when it comes to City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.