Club Badge (merged)

so you keep saying.............not showed much interest over the years though eh

Not sure what you mean by this, but if you are happy with the current badge (as I am) why would you engage in any debate over it? The club have decided to change it so now I'm interested...

Clearly, if that is what the 'majority' want then ce la vie. As someone who likes the distinctiveness of the Eagle then whilst disappointing I couldn't argue against the club's choice.

I'm just just not so sure that two fans on a bluemoon podcast really proves the point that the majority view is a round badge.

Clearly 51% currently on the MEN poll want to keep the Eagle, but that doesn't necessarily mean they don't want a round a round badge, however, the choice given on the consultation doesn't give the option of both which would indicate on a 'valid' survey that over half want the Eagle.

Clearly that tells me you are only speaking to a generation of fans who have an affinity to the old badge but if you actually get out among the wider fanbase and globally there is widespread support for the Eagle.

Time will tell and I trust our club to make the right choice for the mcfc brand and not pander to a small hard core support who can't let go of the past.

Funny how you demean my sources as "a couple of people on Bluemoon" while your own sources are you personally "getting out among the wider fanbase globally" ;-)

You're ignoring the fact I've been following the badge thread for over 3 years, while you've admitted you've not taken much interest. If you go on the City Voice survey, there is the odd fan from Mexico who want to keep the eagle, but the vast majority want to ditch it for a roundel. The City Voice is definitely representative of the "wider global fanbase" so I'm not sure where you're source is when you've been getting out there amongst them.

Even going off your impeccable source at the MEN, 57% want a round badge. Although that survey is clearly open to abuse as 23% have voted to keep the stars and I've never met anyone in real life who has that view.

So you want a vote gerrymandered to ensure you get the decision you personally want.

Increasingly irritating how a few of you in this badge debate seem to think you have the finger on the pulse of our core support, when in fact all you are sharing is your own views on the topic dressed up as speaking for the core support.

When a vote presents a result you don't like it's due to rags or Johnny come lately's.

Well, having been a season ticket holder uninterrupted for over 25 years and with over 13000 loyalty points I consider myself to be well and truly part of this 'true' support who's opinion you seem to think carries more weight than other supporters. I can categorically state that I do not want to see the club go backwards in its badge design and whatever design the club comes up with should be new, fresh and show an evolution on the current badge imo. A badge that will represent the club for the future not hark back to the past. In my opinion a re-designed Eagle should be a fundamental part of any new design. I do not want to see us follow nycfc or Melbourne city with a round badge. I want us to be distinct and individual from the rest of CFG.

That said, my feeling is that the club has a vision of standardising all CFG clubs with a round badge which to me is just boring and lacks imagination. Hopefully I'm wrong.

However, this constant assumption that you and others of your ilk have some kind of knowledge of core supporters views or that the core supports views carry more weight than any other fan is complete nonsense.

In case it had escaped your attention the club is trying to grow the brand and appeal to people outside of our core support to grow our fanbase. It's great that fans are being engaged but all fans have a right to a view and no fans opinion is any better or more valid than any others.

Some valid points there. All fans views are equally important. Personally im biased towards a round badge and would like something very simple. The rose is my first choice and id be happy with the sheild as 2nd choice. I hope the eagle flys of to the international space station. I wouldnt want a triangle, square, hexagon or any other shape. Footballs are round and thats not going to change. The only other type I would accept is MC then FC underneath. Bland but simple. Only my views matey. I don't really like changing things too much. Especially when something isnt broken like the rose badge wasn't.

It don't matter if you did'nt r kid, i was'nt really up for it meself but i like how it makes the inner sphere float, making the sphere behind it float would'nt be hard and having a trio of spheres (or could they be moons) floating looks a lot better then every other pancake design i've viewed, in fact some of em with a flat ship sat lovely on a little wiggly sea look like 5yr old crayola tackle.

Float away eagle.

Still my favourite. I keep mine in my studs box but it's getting a little rusty now.

mesDD37_tB80zsk9_OdIg8g.jpg

Funny how you demean my sources as "a couple of people on Bluemoon" while your own sources are you personally "getting out among the wider fanbase globally" ;-)

You're ignoring the fact I've been following the badge thread for over 3 years, while you've admitted you've not taken much interest. If you go on the City Voice survey, there is the odd fan from Mexico who want to keep the eagle, but the vast majority want to ditch it for a roundel. The City Voice is definitely representative of the "wider global fanbase" so I'm not sure where you're source is when you've been getting out there amongst them.

Even going off your impeccable source at the MEN, 57% want a round badge. Although that survey is clearly open to abuse as 23% have voted to keep the stars and I've never met anyone in real life who has that view.

Apologies, that was poorly written, clearly, I don't have an idea what the wider global 'fans' think about our badge, my point was that the club has a duty to appeal to every type of fan not just those long standing, been there since summerbee fans.

@Ban-jani

I think the only way to avoid ending up with some abomination like Everton's, Melbourne's, or the budgie squashed in to a circle, is to put 2 final designs to a vote that only members get to vote on. That way you can guarantee the majority of members have voted for the winner.

The issue might be if they release 3 designs for a vote, an eagle, a rose and the 3 rivers. The core of traditional City fans are fairly evenly split between the rose and the rivers. But 99% of them would happily take the other one in order to avoid the eagle.

If it was just a straight vote between the 3, the eagle could win by default because the core support vote is split between rose and rivers.

The only fair way to do it with 3 designs is to have an Alternative Vote, where members rate the 3 designs in order of preference - 1st, 2nd, 3rd. If none of the 3 badges get over 50% of the 1st place votes, then the 2nd place votes are included, and the badge with the most 1st and 2nd choice votes combined will then have a majority and win the vote.

This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for the club and the fans, it's absolutely essential we get it right. The process has been excellent so far, engaging fans in the debate and voting for symbols that mean something.

The symbols are important, but they pale in to absolute insignificance compared to the final design. The whole process will be completely flawed if we end up with a load of symbols that are popular squeezed in to a final design that is not.
Although I am a supporter of the rose or rivers I also think that your method of voting would probably be
fairest to all. Well thought out.

Apologies, that was poorly written, clearly, I don't have an idea what the wider global 'fans' think about our badge, my point was that the club has a duty to appeal to every type of fan not just those long standing, been there since summerbee fans.
To answer that idea "that the club has a duty to appeal to every type of fan not just those long standing,
been there since Sommerbee fans".
Those long standing "fans" are true supporters who have for decades(in many cases) gone to
matches, bought from the club shop, travelled to away games, raised entire families to follow
in their footsteps and have generally placed City at the centre of their social life.
The global fans, however passionate they may be do not put in the same level of commitment
to the club. Some do make sacrifices and do make great efforts for the club(look at Sierra Leone
supporters branch) but they are relatively few in comparison to the home based ones The majority
of non-home based fans mainly watch from afar and even,in many countries, buy knockoff merchandise
rather than the more expensive club merchandise.
To suggest that the club should take all fans views into consideration is noble but flawed,it has to be those
that are most connected that should be heard however unfortunate that may be for the rest.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.