Club Badge (merged)

...Clearly that tells me you are only speaking to a generation of fans who have an affinity to the old badge but if you actually get out among the wider fanbase and globally there is widespread support for the Eagle.Time will tell and I trust our club to make the right choice for the mcfc brand and not pander to a small hard core support who can't let go of the past.
Your'e right there - us older fans are not happy about the strangled eagle, we've put up with it for far too long already
oldmen_zpsfd904afb.jpg

Which badge do you actually like

I've taken part in the online consultation and suggested that we should have a modern take of the 1930's onward badge, ship, gold stripes on maroon background, shield, circle

I'm 52 and have seen four badges starting with the gold stripes on maroon, the COA, rose and current
I've always detested our current badge, or should I say the eagle, stars and motto

If the badge in 97 had been changed just to the middle bit, shield, ship, stripes and MCFC I don't think anyone would be arsed about a change

I'm 39 so have had half my life with the round rose badge and half with the eagle, what pin badges and shirts do I get? the round retro badge, only have the eagle badge on kit shirts I have had bought for me, never took to it and can't see me changing now

This is why this process is so unique. Everyone gets to share their viewpoint. Let's hope people have listened to the information presented by Gary James, the club and various others on here, but if not it's still as valid an opinion as anybody else's.

From there the club will collate the info, listen to responses and decide which way the club will go with our new badge.

What an amazing and unprecedented opportunity given to us by the club.

This is why this process is so unique. Everyone gets to share their viewpoint. Let's hope people have listened to the information presented by Gary James, the club and various others on here, but if not it's still as valid an opinion as anybody else's.
From there the club will collate the info, listen to responses and decide which way the club will go with our new badge.
What an amazing and unprecedented opportunity given to us by the club.
Let's just hope the bird gets
nero_zps46241678.jpg

its like driving miss daisy,on this forum sometimes,"main rd this main rd that, bring back bananas, the badge of my youth ,lancashire red roses," a whole generation have grown up with the current badge, the average 20 year old only knows the present badge ,if they are the 51% majority so be it ,

Agreed certain people should stop feeling so over privileged every other supporter has a right to their say too, I feel like telling them just give your bloody opinion and stop shitting on everyone else's(isn't a forceful lack of tolerance of others opinions and feelings technically bigotry anyway?) .

I don't get why anyone would want the rose on there myself I could have said it looks shit, its red and it's something that the England rugby team use being a national emblem of England and spent ages trying to drive my own opinion to convince those that like it they are wrong etc but "I dont like the rose" is quite enough imo.
I know I mentioned it before but only in the context of if you are going to say the Eagle has nothing to do with Manchester the same could be said of the rose. If it ends up being on there I wont cry like a spoiled little brat about it though.

I just find if you scratch beyond the surface of what some people are saying it's just excuses, they just want rid of it because they like the old badge better end of why fancy it up more than that with superficial meanings for why it shouldn't be there and everyone else is wrong?

From this thread we can safely put to bed some myths about the eagle though and now we can say:

a) Its not just Jonny come latelys/Students/Kids born yesterday that like it. There's people who have been supporting 30-40+ years saying they like the eagle and plenty of them(petty attempts to shame them into changing their mind is pointless, nobody is that weak willed anyway surely?).

b) It is part of our history as a football club... as I said that's what we are a football club, soon to be global if we aren't considered that already, we aren't Manchester Council we stand for more than just a location. Also it's a sport, sports are meant to be fun and not boring... I'm sorry to make fun but by the sounds of some of you it reads like a parody of Boring-James Milner... "nothing too colourful, could we have it black and white? That eagle's a bit to flamboyant isn't it? Yeh that has to go. No sharp edges on that font it looks too dangerous"

How long will this take to decide btw? I can see it's going to get worse if it drags on too long haha. I just hope they can come up with something that looks slick and modern and keeps the majority happy.

57% on that MEN survey voted for a return to the round badge. Surely we shouldn't discount their votes because they grew up with bananas, roses and Maine Rd?
sorry didnt put my point across very well , we are part of the most forward thinking club in world football i for one wont be suprised if the new badge is nothing like any of the old ones or the present one for that matter , a smattering of respect to our history,but a huge eye on the future will be the new badge ,

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.