Club Badge (merged)

Sorry I'm not very good at articulating myself at getting what I mean across well and I'm on my phone so hit a lot of wrong buttons too so the spellings ate out quite a bit(not that I'm the best speller anyway(

looking at posts from others and yourself, including the request for a poll - old style badge revamped v current eagle badge got my goat up a bit,
The poll current v old being the trigger for me to say somthing (I know later you included other badges)

The old v the current would win hands down with most and that's without the old being revamped in sutch a good way the guy has done it...

My argument was that I felt that using the current badge in a poll that was so Heverly outweighted in favoure of the old badge ( most of us prefer the round style as muen poll and comments in here show) may be seen to state that people would not like to have the eagle in any part of the badge,
I originally commented that the round badges with the eagle in should also be put in any preference poll rather then just the revamped old style and the current , which if I remember rightly was your 1st request for a poll ,

I am awair that most people want a round - me too

Most want the ship - me too

Most want the rivers - me too

Some want the rose - not fussed

Some want the eagle in some capasity - I wouldn't mined

But some on here and I don't want to trawl back naming names (I don't really look at posters names when I'm reading posts so don't know if maybe you also have been guilty of this )
Just want the eagle out full stop like there's a personal hate of it , I don't understand this as it's been with us a while now and is embedded into our history weather we like it or not.

Me personally will be exept what ever we get weather Iike it or not as It will be our badge.

I don't particularly want the rose or croses but unlike some I won't belittle people that like it on here like some have done or campanile for its total exclusion like has been done from some...

Hope that explained better, probably not,

Thats all cool. You explained it well. Nothing to stop you doing or copying one of the designs you want and doing a little poll yourself matey. I'll contribute to it. But you'll probably know my answer anyway. I defo want the eagle out. I've been very vocal about it as others have reminded me. I don't really know why...I just don't like it..animals have not a lot to do with footy I suppose..it's not a personal thing...I don't have an mini eagle pin cushion that I stick pins in to ease my eagle anger...it could be a cat or a rhinoceros & my answer would be the same. Who's been be-littling who though? I think the eagle lovers are far more belittling than the eagle out posse.

Since none of us are going to pick the badge personally and this website alone has over 40k blues, I think 'acceptable' is the most important category. Have you any kids that are blues?

Well we all have different hopes I guess. My personal hope is that we end up with a badge the the vast majority to love, and that the rest find "acceptable".

I've not got any kids mate, but I've got a 10 year old nephew who is a blue. He wants us to change to the round badge with the rivers. And before you say it, no I've not pressured him in to it, he just prefers the old badges over the eagle one.

2 things mate:

1. The original post where I put the images up for a poll included 5 designs, one of them included a circle with an eagle in it.

2. How is a vote with the current badge vs the updated round one with ships and rivers weighted in favour of the latter? It was an a or b, 50/50 vote, it wasn't weighted in any way by me, so I've got absolutely no idea how it could have possibly got your back up?

On a separate note, despite what your family members have said that they would like, out of all of the original 5 designs I posted, the only people I have seen post in favour of it are you, Aguero93.20 and MetalMartin. It's certainly had the least support out of those 5 designs on this thread. The current badge has had much more support, despite MetalMartin's kicking and screaming.

Don't forget Malg. She's on the warpath...eeeek :-(

Thats all cool. You explained it well. Nothing to stop you doing or copying one of the designs you want and doing a little poll yourself matey. I'll contribute to it. But you'll probably know my answer anyway. I defo want the eagle out. I've been very vocal about it as others have reminded me. I don't really know why...I just don't like it..animals have not a lot to do with footy I suppose..it's not a personal thing...I don't have an mini eagle pin cushion that I stick pins in to ease my eagle anger...it could be a cat or a rhinoceros & my answer would be the same. Who's been be-littling who though? I think the eagle lovers are far more belittling than the eagle out posse.

Been following this thread as a neutral for a while. I would now love to just have an eagle...no ship no no nothing just a big scary eagle just to piss off the posters trying to persuade people over and over and over that they don't want one. It's turned an interesting thread into complete boredom. By the way calling it a pigeon stopped being amusing about three weeks ago.

Been following this thread as a neutral for a while. I would now love to just have an eagle...no ship no no nothing just a big scary eagle just to piss off the posters trying to persuade people over and over and over that they don't want one. It's turned an interesting thread into complete boredom. By the way calling it a pigeon stopped being amusing about three weeks ago.

:)

Don't forget Malg. She's on the warpath...eeeek :-(

The interesting thing is 51% voted on the M.E.N poll to keep the eagle.

That vote was made up of season ticket holders, casual fans, people with a passing interest, and rags on the wind up. And the vote was really close.

The City consultation is only open to "Cityzens" / season ticket holders. City have a notoriously old season ticket fan base, in fact I think it's the oldest in the Premier League, so it will be interesting to see how results of the official City survey compare with the M.E.N one.

Been following this thread as a neutral for a while. I would now love to just have an eagle...no ship no no nothing just a big scary eagle just to piss off the posters trying to persuade people over and over and over that they don't want one. It's turned an interesting thread into complete boredom. By the way calling it a pigeon stopped being amusing about three weeks ago
Finally some people talking sense.

Lets all get back to that good old bluemoon light hearted banter shall we? :)

2 things mate:

1. The original post where I put the images up for a poll included 5 designs, one of them included a circle with an eagle in it.

2. How is a vote with the current badge vs the updated round one with ships and rivers weighted in favour of the latter? It was an a or b, 50/50 vote, it wasn't weighted in any way by me, so I've got absolutely no idea how it could have possibly got your back up?

On a separate note, despite what your family members have said that they would like, out of all of the original 5 designs I posted, the only people I have seen post in favour of it are you, Aguero93.20 and MetalMartin. It's certainly had the least support out of those 5 designs on this thread. The current badge has had much more support, despite MetalMartin's kicking and screaming.

Hate trialling back through posts but thought I was imagining things .

Not to nick pick but your original poll request was

Ric or any other mods could set up a poll. Which do you prefer, this design, ot the current badge, it would be a great way of gauging the popular view. Cheers

I know you later put up the 5 badges but then when the lad pulled them you reverted back to the old v current. Which was what I replayed to.

Your second point

It's is highly stacked agains as we all know the majority of fans from a certain generation want a round badge so to put the round up against the current is pointless and doesn't mean that people wouldn't want a eagle in there.

The next text in my opinion is just your opinion splattered with the odd fact here and there to back up your statements.
Just my opinion,
, I'd like to see polled world wide a new badge bringing the old and current together v a old revamped badge jazzes up a bit (no offence to he guy that done them. They look great but nothing new ) but that's all they are.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.