Club Badge (merged)

I'm kinda getting lost here. I thought we were just having a laugh, but it does appear that some are getting right excited about a badge........are people really that serious about a badge? It's not as if it makes a difference to us on the pitch.

Now a proper debate would be stopping this fucking 'season card' bollocks. It's a fucking 'season ticket' you twats.
I was sensing alot aggro too but more from the eagle out posse. I have been trying to have fun with it for the most part but I want everyone to have their fair say without some of the stuff over the last few pages, belittling, aggression and all that nonsense... not to mention abuse to GeekinGav.

Mate, I'm struggling with your logic here.

You think that me wanting a poll between the popular round badge and the popular existing eagle badge was in some way supporting an "eagle out" campaign. How so? There was no rule that you couldn't vote for the eagle! In fact, it was one of only two options so how could it possibly be discriminatory?!

Again, from all that I have read, the most popular design that includes the eagle is the current badge. I don't mind it myself, and if the eagle is to stay I'd be more than happy to stick to the current badge. I put it on the poll because it's a popular design, and it just so happens it's the existing badge that we're voting whether to keep or change! If I was being "eagle-ist" I would have included one of the less popular eagle designs.

I value your family's views, and the views of all genuine blues. If they wanted to keep the eagle, they would be more than welcome to vote for it, as would everyone else who wanted to keep the eagle. I really don't understand your point.

You have family and friends that want to keep the eagle. I have family and friends, including a 10 year old nephew who want to change to the round badge with the rivers. But that's purely anecdotal on both of our counts.

The whole reason for the poll was to see a consensus. It may not have matched up with your family's views, it may not have matched with mine, but a poll would give us some kind of idea of a consensus.

That's kind of the point of any vote; to find the popular view. So I'm struggling to see how you could possibly think I was being biased by wanting a vote open to all?

Sorry I'm not very good at articulating myself at getting what I mean across well and I'm on my phone so hit a lot of wrong buttons too so the spellings ate out quite a bit(not that I'm the best speller anyway(

looking at posts from others and yourself, including the request for a poll - old style badge revamped v current eagle badge got my goat up a bit,
The poll current v old being the trigger for me to say somthing (I know later you included other badges)

The old v the current would win hands down with most and that's without the old being revamped in sutch a good way the guy has done it...

My argument was that I felt that using the current badge in a poll that was so Heverly outweighted in favoure of the old badge ( most of us prefer the round style as muen poll and comments in here show) may be seen to state that people would not like to have the eagle in any part of the badge,
I originally commented that the round badges with the eagle in should also be put in any preference poll rather then just the revamped old style and the current , which if I remember rightly was your 1st request for a poll ,

I am awair that most people want a round - me too

Most want the ship - me too

Most want the rivers - me too

Some want the rose - not fussed

Some want the eagle in some capasity - I wouldn't mined

But some on here and I don't want to trawl back naming names (I don't really look at posters names when I'm reading posts so don't know if maybe you also have been guilty of this )
Just want the eagle out full stop like there's a personal hate of it , I don't understand this as it's been with us a while now and is embedded into our history weather we like it or not.

Me personally will be exept what ever we get weather Iike it or not as It will be our badge.

I don't particularly want the rose or croses but unlike some I won't belittle people that like it on here like some have done or campanile for its total exclusion like has been done from some...

Hope that explained better, probably not,

Sorry I'm not very good at articulating myself at getting what I mean across well and I'm on my phone so hit a lot of wrong buttons too so the spellings ate out quite a bit(not that I'm the best speller anyway(

looking at posts from others and yourself, including the request for a poll - old style badge revamped v current eagle badge got my goat up a bit,
The poll current v old being the trigger for me to say somthing (I know later you included other badges)

The old v the current would win hands down with most and that's without the old being revamped in sutch a good way the guy has done it...

My argument was that I felt that using the current badge in a poll that was so Heverly outweighted in favoure of the old badge ( most of us prefer the round style as muen poll and comments in here show) may be seen to state that people would not like to have the eagle in any part of the badge,
I originally commented that the round badges with the eagle in should also be put in any preference poll rather then just the revamped old style and the current , which if I remember rightly was your 1st request for a poll ,

But some on here and I don't want to trawl back naming names (I don't really look at posters names when I'm reading posts so don't know if maybe you also have been guilty of this )
Just want the eagle out full stop like there's a personal hate of it , I don't understand this as it's been with us a while now and is embedded into our history weather we like it or not.

Me personally will be exept what ever we get weather Iike it or not as It will be our badge.

I don't particularly want the rose or croses but unlike some I won't belittle people that like it on here like some have done or campanile for its total exclusion like has been done from some...

Yeah some are joking with it and some are seriously aggressive with it, it's not just you that's noticed and it does get confusing because it's hard to distinguish banter from bile at times.

Lol what a fucking tool you are... right I'll go and bold it for you.

Mate, your last 2 posts to me started with:

"Source?"

and

"READ"

I'm sound with everyone one here to start with, I'll listen to any view and discuss any football topic happily. But if you want to be a prick, I'll be twice as much of a prick back.

Anyway, back on topic, seems to be quite a few more posts supporting the round badge with ships and rivers, which isn't helping your agenda.

Source?

All we really know is alot of people want to keep the eagle, any early attempts to say this isn't the case are dead now this thread alone proves it with all the bickering. We also know that it's likely that the badge will be changed to a round badge to fit with the rest of CFG(I think you are a being deliberately selective in light of that personally, creating an argument where you cant have both an eagle and a round badge), so if it does stay it's more likely that it will have to be inside the circle and there's no reason why that couldn't work.

I wouldn't call 5 people a lot. Where's your source that the badge will be changed to round?

Yeah some are joking with it and some are seriously aggressive with it, it's not just you that's noticed and it does get confusing because it's hard to distinguish banter from bile at times.
"Lol what a fucking tool you are...right I`ll go and bold it for you" (I presume "bold" is a typing error). This is a quote from your earlier post. It seems some ARE seriously aggressive with it or is that your idea of banter?

Just cough up with the thread and Was starting to think that it was only me thinking that shaulem argument was coming across as a either or argument in the eagle, maybe he doesn't see that it could be seen that way.

It's ridicules that even the subtle eagle was being dismissed by some and you could hardly notice that was there..

Wasent partially a big fan of the eagle when we changed and always pined for a return to the round but to dismis the last 18 years is it is some serious bird hating.
The more iv read the hate for the eagle and listened to the young kids in my family the more I'm wanting it in there somewhere...

What will be will be but I'm favering it will be in there in some copasity with what iv been told

I'm kinda getting lost here. I thought we were just having a laugh, but it does appear that some are getting right excited about a badge........are people really that serious about a badge? It's not as if it makes a difference to us on the pitch.

Now a proper debate would be stopping this fucking 'season card' bollocks. It's a fucking 'season ticket' you twats.

Stop swearin. Im buying Aguero93:20nut, blingy and metalmickey a bag of birdseed for chrimbo. You want one?

2 things mate:

1. The original post where I put the images up for a poll included 5 designs, one of them included a circle with an eagle in it.

2. How is a vote with the current badge vs the updated round one with ships and rivers weighted in favour of the latter? It was an a or b, 50/50 vote, it wasn't weighted in any way by me, so I've got absolutely no idea how it could have possibly got your back up?

On a separate note, despite what your family members have said that they would like, out of all of the original 5 designs I posted, the only people I have seen post in favour of it are you, Aguero93.20 and MetalMartin. It's certainly had the least support out of those 5 designs on this thread. The current badge has had much more support, despite MetalMartin's kicking and screaming.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.