Club Badge (merged)

x36b2a.png

Needs to be very simple imho. Reference to original three rivers and origins with WG St Marks. Who we are, where we are, where we came from and what we do.

The top left design should be the new badge absolutely pinch perfect from a marketing perspective best I've seen. Nice and simple and instantly recognisable around the world. Well done Nijinsky !!!

No your not to understand by the looks of it, else you got bit too giddy with your reckoning, a symbol in use for 5yrs you say ('97-'15),something to represent where areas we come from-early '80's grey mare lane beswick was one of the most socially deprived districts in Europe...now you can do a Sports science degree there. The rags decided to drop it did they...like they did the fa cup...well good cause I liked that semi-final win when they changed their mind and from the looks of things Sport in the City is going to be mushrooming east Manchester in the not so distant future, i'll show great delight in telling any traffords they cant have the eagle back, it's gone blue...if I've a pint in me I might even tell em the Max Woosnam story...innit.

Let's not argue fellas, it's gonna be Christmas soon!

The top left design should be the new badge absolutely pinch perfect from a marketing perspective best I've seen. Nice and simple and instantly recognisable around the world. Well done Nijinsky !!!

I like the rivers morphing out the underside of the ship myself Kun (big up Nijinsky indeed), looks clean and swerves the use of the shield in a circle and the wastage area that entails, look better with the stylised eagle wrapped around it mind... so to create a circle within a circle within a circle. Lettering looks better in skyblue also.. Thanks for highlighting it

As this is an Internet forum, it's existence is so topics can be discussed, now the consultation process has concluded the debate can include what happens next.

It is not unreasonable to conclude that a vote on a likely successor will be offered to the fans. That's assuming the result of the consultation suggests a desire for change.

In my opinion, unless there is a very clear winner (if that's the correct word), the club will offer up a vote.

At least I understand better - the way people were posting I thought that a vote had been announced. I see it is just continuing the healthy inter-forum chatter.

FWIW I will be astounded if a vote is offered - this is too strategic and important a decision to leave it vulnerable to such vagaries. This is a key corporate decision for the brand of the club and likely not just MCFC but the global brand.

Assuming that I am right and a vote is not offered I hope fans accept that and applaud the club for the involvement to date - it is more than most clubs or companies would do.

Last edited:
I'd have thought me quoting Gary James was fairly obvious given the post by Das previous to me posting it. Yeah I know you're not talking about the current use of the eagle....I am. You saw no mention of the eagle in the UCFB link....I did I seen Sport in this City...that's what the eagle is innit...big fuck off eagles on our ground that is now not only a football stadium but a mini Sports uni...oh the irony. Not too sure about your Asda craic...I feel the kids in our academy attending St. Bede's will stand them in better stead to what was on mill street a couple of decades ago.East M/c not the hub of technological advancments...is the sharp project in Basingstoke?
" ...is the sharp project in Basingstoke?" Back in the 70s ICL was in West Gorton, where are they now? I fail to see what this has to do with our badge? Are you saying Sport in the City is more important than our club therefore we should have symbols relating to it instead?

I really think having 'football club' is a waste of badge space. FC does the job right? Leaving space at the circle bottom for the founding date/something else or just....space.

I am still very confused aby all these posts that intimate that there will be some fan vote/selection - surely our involvement is now over with the end of the consultation?

All this angst and energy when surely the club will now take that input, along with other factors - make a decision in good time and then inform everybody

I was hoping that by intimating (in my posts) there could be a vote, it would become rumour then fact. How else do you get a voice when you cant afford a season card or cityzen membership?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.