Club Badge (merged)

@Ric following on from the chat about a vote the other week, I think it's now possible to create a shortlist. Not everyone will have their first choice included, but I've tried to select 5 that represent the views of the majority of posters on here.

We know it's going to be round, so I've included 5 round badges, 2 with eagles, 2 with three river shields, and one with a rose.

Everyone has their own ideas on trim and colour scheme, as reflected in Gav's post last week that had 30 different designs on. Perhaps everyone's first choice is not one of these options, but I hope there is enough variety that people can vote on the core design they like best, even if they would make alterations in a perfect world.
A.
9kCpoDV.png

B.
iHZF2aw.png

C.
3jrinJX.png

D.
C4d0zVd.png

E.
JovCghY.png

Can anyone add white to the large inner circle of design A? This is the design and color scheme that catches my eye, but needs some white in there to break up the light blue. Thanks.

Can anyone add white to the large inner circle of design A? This is the design and color scheme that catches my eye, but needs some white in there to break up the light blue. Thanks.

If you flick back through the thread you'll find the design you're after mate. GeekInGav has done a few different versions with that colour scheme.

The reson I didn't include it in the shortlist is because personally I think if we have a red / maroon sheild, it's likely we'll have a blue circle.

If we had the white circle and red / maroon shield, it would mean the badge had no sky blue on it. While that might look good on a shirt, if you take it off the shirt it would not be recognisable as our badge imo. There has to be sky blue in there somewhere for me, whether on the circle or the shield.

id prefer one with the Rose but not E, that still like its from the 70's

so A or C but replace the rivers with the Rose
Not sure how many times this will still have to be pointed out, but the red rose of Lancashire is no longer applicable on the grounds of Manchester no longer being in Lancashire.

Not sure how many times this will still have to be pointed out, but the red rose of Lancashire is no longer applicable on the grounds of Manchester no longer being in Lancashire.

you could say the same for most of the badge then. we dont have a ships going down the canals or a shipping industry. its still part of our history though, so i think the rose could be included. not bothered if its not though.

In my view, there's a significant difference between something that represents the human geography of the city (in this case, relating to historical industry), and an image representing the actual geographical location. I take the rose to be a reference to the latter. I understand if you differ.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.