Club Badge (merged)

Going to matches and going home I walk up the towpath of the canal. For me it means that. I realise it's not historically accurate but it's all in the interpretation, eye of the beholder and all that.

id prefer one with the Rose but not E, that still like its from the 70's

so A or C but replace the rivers with the Rose

205lzo.jpg
?

Simple - had we redesigned in the early 80s we could've had a plane pointing towards the east, a yellow tiled effect to represent the Arndale and instead of the Rose representing Lancs a great big yellow G with a TV aerial out the top on a blue background representing Granadaland.

For today the round badge could represent the M60, a Metrolink tram pointing towards AUL could be at the top and, to know we're talking about Manchester, we could have a cloud with rain coming from it in the bottom section.

I'd love to do talks in 50 years on those badges. By then of course people would say the plane represented Etihad, the tiles a long forgotten match sponsorship with Kitchens Direct and the Granada G was a religious cult that sat down every Mon & Wed at 7.30 to watch their Mancunian religious prog led by Hilda & Stan. The modern version they'd be saying the cloud represented the rainy days of the 1990s before City were rescued by Sir Paul Dickov, the tram would be a nod to Manchester's favourite stag day venue (!) and the M60 circle was actually based on the Jackie Onassis reservoir in Central Park because it'd been a cynical ploy to get a bit of NY on the City badge.

I'll definitely attended one of those talks
PM me with the date and venue when it's confirmed please

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.