Club Badge (merged)

No matter what it looks like I guarentee
- Some will love it
- Some will like it
- Some will be apathetic as to liking it or not (not give a fuck)
- Some will be "meh"
- Some will wish it didn't have this or that in it
- Some will wish it had this or that in it
- Some will not like it much
- Some will dislike it
- Some will hate it
- Some will loathe it
- Some knobs will be still asking why they can't have the old one back
and that's what happens after a consultation - you can kind of see why the clubs selection is a difficult one.
My opinion - "its a fucking badge" or "logo" or "Trade Mark" or "Club Brand" and as long as it pays appropriate homage to our history and the elements of it are attributable to the club and or city of Manchester I'll be reasonably happy. Lets be fair we don't fuck many things up any more despite what the whingers on here say or think. :)

They can email Cityzens with a heavily blurred version can Cityzens get the jist of it. the Rags don't care and to say all Cityzens aren't equal is bollox.
My understanding of Cityzens when it was launched was there was a blue card form of Cityzens for people who can buy tickets and a global Cityzens who can build points by other means to take part in the competitions etc. I don't view global Cityzens views regarding the club badge as equal to blue card Cityzens no - you have to generalise which is unfortunate but with the growth of the fan base in recent years, a vast number of these global Cityzens will not know of the club's history and won't have a clue about Manchester and probably aren't arsed if Manchester is represented in the badge. The club would effectively be asking people from Malaysia etc. etc. what symbols they best feel represent Manchester which is absurd. This is all a bit hypocritical of course since they let all us vote for NYCFCs.

I don't know if your addressing the point you quoted me in (to have a vote on options for the badge) or on the topic of the reveal at match day btw. In the latter respect, I think it will be online straight after it's revealed at the match.

Last edited:
My understanding of Cityzens when it was launched was there was a blue card form of Cityzens for people who can buy tickets and a global Cityzens who can build points by other means to take part in the competitions etc. I don't view global Cityzens views regarding the club badge as equal to blue card Cityzens no - you have to generalise which is unfortunate but with the growth of the fan base in recent years, a vast number of these global Cityzens will not know of the club's history and won't have a clue about Manchester and probably aren't arsed if Manchester is represented in the badge. The club would effectively be asking people from Malaysia etc. etc. what symbols they best feel represent Manchester which is absurd.

I understand where you are coming from, but there was a thing in the press recently that said 75% of "Cityzens" are season ticket holders.

My understanding of Cityzens when it was launched was there was a blue card form of Cityzens for people who can buy tickets and a global Cityzens who can build points by other means to take part in the competitions etc. I don't view global Cityzens views regarding the club badge as equal to blue card Cityzens no - you have to generalise which is unfortunate but with the growth of the fan base in recent years, a vast number of these global Cityzens will not know of the club's history and won't have a clue about Manchester and probably aren't arsed if Manchester is represented in the badge. The club would effectively be asking people from Malaysia etc. etc. what symbols they best feel represent Manchester which is absurd.

yeah but to showing the final thing? selective showing to those that make it to the stadium is just wrong. Cityzens is meant to be City fans as one. old and new isnt the point. international or local isnt the point. I'm 38, from Stalybridge supported City 30 years. The Eithad is 11 miles away, yet I cant get past my front door. Am I less of a Cityzen?

I understand where you are coming from, but there was a thing in the press recently that said 75% of "Cityzens" are season ticket holders.
Point still stands really as skews the results but like I edited, hypocritical as we all voted on NYCFC's.

yeah but to showing the final thing? selective showing to those that make it to the stadium is just wrong. Cityzens is meant to be City fans as one. old and new isnt the point. international or local isnt the point. I'm 38, from Stalybridge supported City 30 years. The Eithad is 11 miles away, yet I cant get past my front door. Am I less of a Cityzen?
I don't really get the point of them doing it at City Sq. really. If you want to see it as soon as it's revealed to any fans, maybe email them and see if they can send you something when they open it up at City Sq.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.